Large skin tag after hemorrhoidectomy

Posted , 11 users are following.

i had my hemorrhoidectomy on 5 September and have been left with a massive skin tag. it hurts to wipe and its difficult to keep clean. it irritates when i walk and today has been bleeding. has anyone else experienced this and if so what was done?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Had my Hemorrhoidectomy last month and have a large skin growing outside the anus. is it a new external pile or what!! this is horrifying! why don't the surgeons tell us about these complications b4 the surgery. i was totally unaware! at least b4 the surgery i was only suffering from an internal hemorr. now its outside 😑

i hear ppl sat that it shrinks gradually. is it true?? kindly let me know...

• Posted

Hi there,

I had a hemorriodectomy last year and was left with a huge skin tag (the size of a finger nail) and two smaller ones. I was so angry as I used to be able to push my hemorrhoids back in but this large thing just sat there and was irritating, and I had to 'clean around it' which was annoying. I researched and found that it's excess skin from the hemorrhoids that stretched out the blood vessels and skin so skin tags are quite common after the operation as they can only cut so much. I just three weeks ago had the skin tags removed - it no where near as painful or traumatic of a recovery as the previous operation but not a great experience either - a rough 5 days. I reccommend getting them removed - my butthole is 100% perfect now, I couldn't be happier. You know what they say, no pain no gain... Good luck.

• Posted

oh no another surgery to get these tags removed! this is so annoying and I'm also having itchiness and irritation in and around the bum hole. glad that your second surgery went on well. i wish you a good health from now on 😊

• Posted

hi, i am glad to hear your tag got sorted. i am 2 months after surgery.. I had 3 internal hems, and the surgery left me with 3 huge skin tags that swell after BM. I also still get some leakage. i feel like it may be because of the tags that are pretty much all around anus..

Did your skin tag swell? if yes do you remember when did your swelling go down ? I' ve had enough now really it's tough.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.