Laryngeal sensory neuropathy (chronic throat clearing and cough)

Posted , 18 users are following.

Hi i was suffering from almost 8 years from chronic throat clearing and cough I have tried everything acid reflux medicine and allergy medications but nothing work for me I did all kind of tests but nothing comes up all comes later negative my problem was clearing the throat after eating and sometimes even without any warning I was clearing my throat and coughing it was ruining my life and I was having like a sensation in my throat back in my throat that I know I have to clear my throat and instant all of a sudden I was coughing did everything but nothing work home remedies everything but then in the end up my doctor prescribe me amitriptyline 25mg from taking the very first day I start feeling better like 60 to 70% I want to say everyone who is suffering from my kind of problem must ask your doctor about sensory neuropathy chronic cough and throat clearing to give it a try of amitriptyline 25 mg

1 like, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Good Afternoon,

I had the same exact symptoms and am thinking it's LPR. My chest pains, throat clearing, and spasmatic dry persistent cough has been going on for months and nothing has eased it. Do you know if LPR is considered an underlying condition in regards to COVID 19? Does this cough mean our lungs are comprised already?

• Posted

Hi Jen, I am on a LPR Facebook group and can confirm that from what other sufferers have said with advice from their gp, this condition is not considered underlying in respect of COVID19. Hope that helps and your ok.

• Posted

does anyone have experience with the amitriptyline curing the issue and then coming off of it successfully?

• Posted

does anybody have knowledge of if/when you can come off of the amitriptyline once it has been effective?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.