Last 5mgs the hardest....

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all,

I'm new here. I've been coming off 40mg for the past few weeks and been absolutely fine! This last 5mg is killing me. Brain zaps, weepy, etc. I'm taking crumbs of pills to take the edge off. Should I just stop and ride it out? How bad can it be to come off 5mg??

Does anybody have any suggestions for me.

Thank you.

Cheeks

0 likes, 36 replies

36 Replies

Next
  • Posted

By the way, just wanted to say that aside from this last 5mgs, I'm feeling better than I have in years. I wish I'd come off it sooner. It was really suppressing and oppressing me. I have renewed hope, joy and positivity which I haven't had for year. Just in case anybody is wondering how it feels.....

• Posted

i was having a hard time with the last 5 also so i just stopped. i felt so much better. No more dizziness, fatigue, crying or anything.

• Posted

thanks. i think i need to do that. just ride it out. 🙂

• Posted

I've attempted multiple times to come off, but couldn't tolerate the brain zaps. Best to you!

• Posted

How long were you on meds? Also, going from 40mg to 5 in weeks must be a nightmare. I pity you when the withdrawals do start hitting.

• Posted

years! it's just this last bit like i said. these are the withdrawals. I've done it in a few weeks.

• Posted

ive also got my personality back, but had a year of hell and still on 6mg youre brave doing it that fast as my withdrawal didnt hit for ages, hopefully yours will be mild x

• Posted

oh thanks. i did it quickly with a view to starting another drug but i don't want to now. i think I've hit the worst of it now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.