Last how long?

Posted , 8 users are following.

GP was pretty useless just gave me painkillers (codeine and naproxen). These mostly work.

I've been to see a chiropractor who disagnosed certical spondylosis. (C5-C6?)

Had a few treatments and movement seems to be much better and not so much shooting pain. BUT still get pretty bad aching pains in shoulder, upper arm and recently some "pins and needles" in hand.

Its been probably 2 months now. How much longer? :-(

Are there better painkillers? I asked GP for injection but because its neck they cant do.

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

So its been probably 10-12 weeks now. I'd say there is "some" improvement but not a huge amount. Is this a normal timeframe?

• Posted

I don't know if there is a normal timeframe, for some it never seems to improve. For me, I was glad to see any improvement and it gave me hope of eventually getting back to normal.

It's probably a good idea to write down a list of symptoms and give them a rating every 3 months to help remind you of progress and what things you can now do. Like I said earlier, my symptoms really took over 1.5 years and there are still some lingering even now that come and go. I feel it has a lot to do with how well I sleep (,often position) and sitting at a computer.

If you Google 'forward head position's on YouTube you will find exercises and other videos that may help show you the problem.

• Posted

Been probably just over 3 months now. Off to see GP this week to get results of x-ray. (which will show nothing). Will push for mri then.
  • Posted

I am experiencing the same problem neck pain, shoulder pain and pins and needles in my thumb for two months now.  Xray showed spondylitis and degenerative changes and muscle spasm. I am on naproxen and tramadal. I was given prednisolone for 10days whicj didn’t help. I am getting frustrated now. I am not getting proper sleep at all. Can you please update me on how you are getting on now. How long will this last? 
  • Posted

Hi,

I may have commented before, sorry if I repeat myself.

C/S does not generally go away, or get better on its own after this time scale. You may stay the same, but you may deteriorate over time. The pain for me was like bad tooth ache and earache at the same time, grinding you down.

My eventual pain relief, which took about 13 months to achieve, consists of: naproxen, gabapentin, amatriptaline and morphine based pain patch. Much better pain control but together with other meds leaves me wiped out most days.

Mike.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.