Lately I Don't Think I Will Make It Through Perimenopause Alive!!!!!

Posted , 22 users are following.

This has been the worst 3 weeks of my life with these perimenopause symptoms. I'm soon to be 49. I thought my symptoms were getting better. Then on March 8th started having bad stomach cramps and low back pain which lasted 2 1/2 weeks. Then the terrible indigestion started with heart palpitations and then of course major anxiety. My period which has been about every 18 days since December is now late. I live each day in fear and terror of heart palpitations and anxiety. I seriously feel like I might die everyday. This is absolutely no way to live. I feel bad for my poor husband and daughter. I am no wife and mother at this time. My daughter is 21 but I still feel horrible about the state I'm in. Sorry for the vent. Feeling hopeless like this journey will never ever end.

8 likes, 65 replies

65 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Aww Debbie, I'm crying for you. I know it's always easier said than done, but you will make it through. I feel like the same way at times. It's so overwhelming. I know in my heart that you will make it through it. ((HUGS))
    • Posted

Thank you so much Jamie for your compassion and your hug. This is such a difficult time for so many of us ladies. To have the support from all of you is precious and priceless. Thanks again

Debbie ❤️

• Posted

Feeling exactly the same these last 3 weeks...really bad depression and abdominal pains....struggling to go on to be honest....and I have a teenage and 10 year old daughter....My heart feels raw and sore....I really hope it lightens up....on ads already...xxx
    • Posted

Hi TropicalVon,

I can completely relate to struggling to go on. Have been there and it is so sad and scary to feel that way. Thank You for your honesty. It helps to know other women going through this feel that way. I really hope these symptoms lighten up for us too. I am going to finally try bioidentical hormone cream. I definitely need something. Take care and message me anytime. We are not alone in this,

Debbie ❤️

• Posted

So sorry you feel this way. I'm the same, my cycles getting shorter too and WORSE , my little daughter and hubby don't know what to do.

Being on here HELPS soo much, just remember "your not going through it alone and it will pass" , 

Re the gastric issues, cut out inflammatory aggravating foods in the short term to try get through it.

lots of calming teas, chamomile peppermint etc.

im finding Licorice tea gets me through the night with sleep.

• Posted

Thanks Ellacraig,

Your right this site and you wonderful ladies help so very much during our hard difficult and low times. I will try the chamomile and licorice tea. They sound very soothing. I will also look into my diet and see if any of them are causing inflammation. Thanks for responding and the great advice.

Debbir❤️

• Posted

Hi Debbie, I have just read your post and i really feel for you. I woke up this morning wanting to feel ok but no, I try to get on with it but i just have no energy, my muscles ache my stomach aches and I just crave sugar. I went to Holland and Barrett and bought some menopause supplements and just took one. Do you get really hot and then cold ? it really is draining. This site is great for support as i am seeing i am not alone. Being pro active is the best way to at least feel life can and will be a bit normal again one day i really hope you get some relief that works soon  x
    • Posted

Thank You Julie for your reply. Yes I do get the weird hot and cold. Today for some reason I am really cold. I am getting dressed to go outside for a short walk in the sunlight. Hope it might help a little. I am really looking forward to trying bioidentical hormone creams. These symptoms are making me agoraphobic, which is so not like me. Take care Julie and I hope you feel better too.

Debbie ❤️

• Posted

I was starting to get agoraphobic a month or so ago. It's the scariest feeling because you can feel it developing. Try to push yourself outside at least once a day. I pushed myself to go walking today even though I felt really depressed, off balance, spacey, weepy and drained. I feel so worn out battling this for 9 months. And my obgyn isn't helping either. Thinks the birth control pill is the way to go and not HRT. So frustrating.
    • Posted

I did have that for a while and just forced myself out like you. I have a friend who suffers with it and it seems the more she doesn't go out the less likely she is to do so.

If someone was offering me birth control pills I'd politely point out to them that they contain estrogen and progestins and I would like to try HRT and is there that much difference?

No one tells you when you are taking bc pills that they can cause breast cancer but if you do some research you will find that is the case just the same as HRT.

• Posted

I was in such bad shape when all the peri symptoms crashed down on me 9 months ago I just took the prescriptions given (BC pill and AD). I barely made it to my doctors appointments. The depression was the worst with hypersomnia. Didn't even go online for a month or more. But now reading up and being on this forum and seeing identical stories I know more. Thank God for this forum.
    • Posted

I know with these symptoms its easier to just stay in the house. Like you sometimes I have to really push myself to go out. I do push through the panic and go out but boy it's not fun. I do feel better when I get out daily though, even if it's for a walk in the sun. I know what you mean all my GP wants to give me is Xanax or an anti depressant to get me through the symptoms. So frustrating. I see my obgyn next week will see what he recommends. I already had a different obgyn give me the nuvaring and a prescription for 600 milligrams of Motrin. She said take those things to get me through menopause. I just laughed. She was very young. I know I'm going to have to look on my own outside my insurance to get HRT cream. Very frustrating indeed. Hope you had a good night,

Debbie ❤️

• Posted

I get the feeling very cold sometimes and then really hot quite alot. I can hardly ever go into our front room these days as it has only one radiator and is always the coolest room in the house. Have a Victorian house, socan be a bit draughty.  Then I'm sitting watching TV wearing jumpers and scarf, or resting on the bed and a huge wave of heat comes over me, and I have to strip some layers off as I feel like I'm suffocating. I was standing at the supermarket checkout the other day and felt very hot and sweaty. It was getting really bad and there was a guy in front of me who was being really slow in paying etc. I could actually feel sweat running down my back and legs. I nearly said, - look if you dont finish soon I'm just going to faint - I just about made it, shakily paid for my stuff and left.

I get very agraphobic as well, and find being in crowds of people totally impossible.

• Posted

Yeah in the supermarket, it's because those places are just too hot.

I have done the same myself and had to sit once on a bench (how thoughtful to have a bench directly outside) and another time had to sit on the kerb embarrassed trying to not look like I'm putting my head between my knees as I don't want strangers sympathy.

• Posted

I think I will have to go outside my insurance too for bio identical. What's so frustrating on top of everything is the wait time to get into gyn or gp or naturopathic doctors in my area. It's a month or more. I'm on BC pill now and if that isn't helping I'm wondering if HRT will be any different. I'm just feeling do doom and gloom today. Feeling like I'm crawling up the walls. The gyn had me go continuous on the BC a couple weeks ago to see if that would give me some relief but the opposit happened and I'm bleeding for 12 days now. So she then other day said to double up on pills or stop for couple days and to restart it to see if bleeding will stop. Hopefully by tomorrow or next it will. But just so anxious as I've never bled this long ever. And to think before BC I was down to one to two day periods. I feel like I'm going crazy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.