Latest PIP review news

Posted , 11 users are following.

Hi All,

An interesting statement regarding continuous reviews for pip.

As I understand it, from this spring those over pension age that are in receipt of pip will no longer be constantly reassessed, but will keep the present award and receive a "light touch approach", every 10 years. Good news if it includes all of us already over pension age-does it???

Mike.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I think it's sad that two people who know the rules and can offer great support to us who don't have to air their dislike for each other online.

As for leaving I think that that's also silly as no one can be right all the time and you have to beg to differ, its not what you say its how you say it.

As for my opinions it is just that, my opinion and I actually don't mind who does or doesn't like it but if I'm wrong then please put me right.

Have a good day

• Posted

I understand that the 10 year 'light touch' review not to be an assessment but merely to check bank details, address etc are the same. . nothing more. Which sounds to me that it will probably be a letter from DWP that you just sign to confirm. Nothing at all like an assessment. In fact, a necessary confirmation.

• Posted

That would be great if that is all it would be. However I would imagine that the AR1 form will be more widely used for these 'light touch' reviews which ask the claimant to state no change, worse or better.

To suggest it will be used only to check bank account details etc is a little blue sky hoping.

• Posted

Hi All,

I only wanted clarity on what seemed to me to be "new news".

But, instead it was tweaked into an excuse for criticism. All comments are welcome, but not always right. Please don't use my post as a whipping post. We are all in this together, and it needs to stay that way.

Mike.

• Posted

Sorry Mike I didn't mean to spoil your post

As for asking is it right or not I couldn't honestly say till it's confirmed by the powers that be.

Hopefully we will know soon

• Posted

hi

parliament publications and records

on the 1st April karen Lee Mp for Lincoln asked the secretary state

from what date all pensioners no longer have to undertake regular pip

reassessments.

reply on 8th April from Justin Tomlison dwp

As anounced all pip claiments of state pension age and above will be placed on a

ongoing award with a light touch in 10 years unless notified of any change of circumstances

We are working to implement this as soon as possible and expect this to occure by late spring

ribbs

• Posted

Hi,

My own pip benefits are only until September. If it's not sorted by then- then what. What if I am told one day "no more benefits", then next day a new ruling is made to extend all over pension age to a 10 year light touch. I suppose a retrospective decision could be applied, but for how far back.

Mike.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.