Laughter's Cure

Posted , 15 users are following.

OK I'm not sure that this thread will be allowed to run, if it is it will be doing better than any of us at the moment, but here goes.

If it raises a laugh or even makes you smile that would be good, they say that laughter is the best medicine to make us feel better and I agree.

So if it can stay then I think a thread that you can post funny anecdotes of some part of your pre op process or your recovery then cheer us up and get scribbling, I'm sure there are loads out there.

Nothing too painful :-)

1 like, 52 replies

52 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

drugs made me kiss my pillow and say, I love you grandma
    • Posted

LMAO that's spooky, when I first had my accident I was taking cocodamol and as someone who struggled to take paracetamol they made me high and I kept forgetting I couldn't walk, or stand and my other half said he would tie me to chair to keep me safe.

mmmm memory bad. Can't remember if he did LOL

• Posted

It's just amazing how differently drugs treat peoples body.Does not help if you are hurt when on them if they make your head that goofy.

• Posted

I'm 40 years old and 10 days post LTHR today. Yesterday when I got back from my first Physio appointment there was a message on our answer phone, it was from my 76 year old mother in law. She was ringing to see how we all were and wanted us to ring back and let her know if I "was better yet" 😂😂😂 I know being younger should give me an advantage on the healing process, but even I didn't expect to be 'better' in 9 days. It did make my husband me myelf belly laugh 😂😂😂

• Posted

I like that, they don't realise the time scale required to get back to "normal" I think maybe she needs windows cleaning, come on girl, what's your problem get your lazy butt over their and ma up to your responsibilities, anyone would think you'd had major surgery

• Posted

hey...off topic...Ziggy and CharlieGirl gave me a tablet for

Christmas...no more wee cell phone...anyway you ought to see

what Patient looks like on the big screen!

• Posted

Are you telling us you have already opened your criggy present, that's so naughty Santa will be very cross

• Posted

I was shaking with cold in Recovery Room,so I started to meditate to get back control of my body.I started to feel more grounded and incontrol when the monitors went off.I did not really notice as I was doing breathing exercises with my eyes closed imagining I was on a warm sunny beach.The nurse came over ,and asked what I was doing.Told her I was meditating,she told me to "quit that",as my heart rate had calmed to 39..All that natural stuff was just too good

• Posted

Can't win can you, there not happy to see you control your body by thought only, that wouldnt be good for the pharmicutical companies, but we want go down that road cause it wouldn't be funny.

I hope you continue to practice it

• Posted

Glad to see so many happy bubbly people, see horrendous surgery doesn't always strip you of your sense of humour, well not completely.

I now have a new Dr, my old one has retired, but before he retired he had a conversation with the Dr who has taken on his patient base regarding me, nice.

So old Dr, we will call him Dr 1 and new one Dr 2.

So Dr 1 whenever he knew I was having an appointment he would come to his door to watch me come from waiting room, this was to see how I am advancing.

It was a nice thought and helped me to be aware of whether I was improving.

So yesterday I'm heading from waiting room to DR's room and thinking I miss Dr 1 and just as I reach the door and am about to try and open it, this is no easy task for me as I am really wobbly on crutches due to zero confidence and thigh spasms, when the door flies open and I nearly fall through the door with Dr 2 shouting crutches, eeek he did explain once I had gotten over shock that he had been reading notes on computer when he realised he heard the stomp of crutches and what Dr 1 had told him.

I was quite enamoured of him so I told him, don't let it happen again and that he now has a happy new patient, when you have been down the road that we have all been down and still going, its good to have a Dr that not only do we trust but we like as well.

Hope your all as lucky

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.