LBT Normal but....

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi am new to this site and hoping someone could help, for past year I have been experiencing pain in my liver/right hand side through to my back, I had an ultrasound that showed a fatty liver(I am overweight and started losing but still have 7 stone to lose) I was then told by my docs to eat healthy and get blood tests done, got results today and everything is normal! Is it possible to have pain from fatty liver even if ur bloods are perfect, thanks in advance

1 like, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Laura, Fat does not make us fat.. it is the sugar and the carbs.. the saturated fats found in those food.. oh I am not saying eat fat all day.. But lean protien is not the problem.. All fat free food are loaded with junk and sugar, that is what made us fat, chips, cookies, candy, white flour pasta.. anything processed.. I eat lean protien and veggies. very little carbs.. you can google foods with carbs in them and you will learn what to eat and what not to.. I do longer have fatty liver, and gave lost weight too. Pizza is not bad buy the crust is..
  • Posted

I too have fatty liver and am slowly losing weight.  I've tried to cut down my carbs and sugar but i still get twinge like pains under right rib.  Could this be due to the fatty liver?  i've been told different by different doctors and my consultant didn't comment when he asked me if i got pains and i said it was a 'mild/discomfort' rather than bad pain, a bit like a stitch or tiny stabbing pains.  Does anyone else get this?  Am i just supposed to live with it?
  • Posted

I was REA:LLY  tired and had a pulling dull pain in my liver area.. my ct scan showed fatty liver. I gave up bad carbs,  now my numbers are better than ever, and not more pain, and ct scan shows no fatty liver. I looked up what a fatty liver makes you feel like.. and  I had all the sytoms, Some doctors tell you no pain with a fatty liver, but some say you can have pain..
    • Posted

Thank you.  Yes, i am hoping that my pains will get less as my fatty liver (hopefully) improves.  I too have heard that some doctors dismiss it and say the pains are not due to fatty liver (I had one GP tell me that it is to do with my gastric reflux which i also suffer from) but a lot of posts/threads i have read on here say it causes them pain.   I cannot wait to lose all the weight i need to lose but i know it's not going to happen overnight and has to be slow and steady.  I have lost one stone so far but have loads more to lose :-(
    • Posted

The thing is to not lose it too fast or you can actually irritate it and make the Fatty liver worst.  I too get the dull pain under my right rib.  Sometimes it feels like something is trying to push out from underneath it.  I was told it was caused from the liver being bigger than normal because of the fatty deposits and with fatty liver you can get bloating and those two combined cause things to be a bit squished in there. On average a good weight loss should be between 1 - 1 1/2 ppounds per week.  The heavier you are the higher the amount..eg if your 200+ a pound in a half is ok but if you're only in the 150 - 200 stick to around 1 pound. I'm not sure how that converts to stones.
    • Posted

Yes my weight loss is slow but steady.  Last week I only lost 0.5 lb but better off than on which my WW leader keeps saying.  My liver did not show up as being enlarged from my scans, mine could be my liver cysts causing the mild discomfort, I don't really know.  I am still waiting for my results from my follow up scan and MRI from nearly 3 weeks ago.  I just hope things have remained stable but I will ask for an annual follow up scan when I next discuss things with my consultant. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.