Leaving

Posted , 11 users are following.

I am leaving this site, I didn't post for a long time, as some people were rude to me. I came on again to give it another try, and to honest I feel that I'm not apart of it. Just want to ask you to think of new people on here as it takes so much for anyone to open up. It's a big step and they are needing your help. I know that a lot of you are friends but there are others who need you too. I'm not having a go, just want to see others are getting the help they need. I know that I have to do this now on my own, which will be hard.

I thank you for your comments and wish you all the best.

Please don't take this wrong, I don't mean to be nasty, I wish you all the best. Take care

2 likes, 73 replies

73 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I do hope that you won't leave the forum, Blackhole.  I am so sorry that you have been hurt by something or someone on here, and I am very surprised, because I have only felt compassion and support.

Please stay.

Pat xxx

• Posted

I too hope that you stay I only joined 8mnths ago then went onto a programme to get me off prescription drugs that I had an addiction to..I was away for that length of time. When I returned about a month ago apologising for not being around and that my detox was almost over. while I was thanking the people on this forum for their support, I had one comment saying they wished that I had taken an OD and died...I was like wow thanks for that it was a mean and nasty thing to say to anyone...I was going to leave, then I thought why should I ? as my experience could possibly help someone else....Just rise above it you have a lot to offer..Take care jx
    • Posted

That blows my mind, I am so very, very sorry.  How could anyone do that?  Did the moderators not pick up on it? 

Thank you so much for rising above it and staying with us, your input is so much appreciated. 

What would anyone gain from doing such a horrible thing?  I really cannot believe someone did that to you.

So sorry,

Pat xxx

• Posted

They are called something, the people that do that stuff...."trolls"....losers and many swear words I can think of.
    • Posted

Yes Patricia 44773 when I messaged a friend upset saying that I will no longer be making any comments and was leaving the site because of what this guy had said, much worse than what ive posted. I was absolutely broken having worked so hard to detox then to be told this.  Thankfully my dear friend reported this guy that had made that comment and worse...He too was really shocked so he reported him to the moderators...I had no idea that you could do that, so thats good to know..Not that I anticipate similar remarks, I have had nothing but support on this forum..Thats not to say that we all agree on things, but were all in the same boat so we stay. In the hope it does,nt sink..

Thank you for your message it means a lot.

jx

• Posted

As long as we keep rowing as a team, we will keep that boat afloat.

Take care and please keep posting, it matters so much.

Pat xx

• Posted

Hi Blackhole I really don't want you to leave here either.  Maybe I'm thick but I haven't seen any cliques on here?   if there is one then I am not in it either.  I understand what you are saying about a few unhelpful peopls - a couple on here really upset me once or twice and I very nearly left over it.  I am glad I didn't.

Most of the folk here are lovely so just concentrate on the positive ones.   On any site you always get a few idiots but just ignore and report.   The rest of us will back you up.   Have another think about it before you make any rash decisions.  Bev x

• Posted

Wow, Blackhole, everyone must really like you. Please stay. I almost left, but, decided to stay because it is really comforting to know that I am not alone.

• Posted

I'm so glad that I'm in this group.  I suffer so much from mood changes...Sometime when I wake up I can't even type because of my hands shaking.  There is absolutely noone who would understand how we feel, unless they have it, too...It is a horrible disease that has to be dealt with for the rest of our lives, most likely.  Some are worse than others, but stil...It is nothing to be ashamed of..we just have to love our bodies and do the best we can with our outside environment...we can't can't control what others feel about us, and we shouldn't let that bother us...We are a unique group, and we are here to help one another...Praying for a great day today.....
  • Posted

I've had a quick scan through this discussion. If anyone ever has any issues on the site with rudeness, nastiness, homophobia etc please use the "Report" link to draw it to my attention or send me a Private Message at any time. I do not read every post in the forums and rely on users letting me know of any problems which I can then deal with. There is a Help/FAQ section linked at the bottom of every page if anyone needs further info about posting etc in the forums.

Regards,

Alan

• Posted

Yes - i reported someone a short while ago as his language was so disgusting towards those trying to help him that there was no need for it , he was very abusive , i am lucky at the moment because of a recent life changing illness that was diagnosed in July and the shock of it and  trying to deal with it made my depression go downhill fast , my anxiety worsened , my confidence in doing every day tasks , not wanting to do craft , etc interests anymore , i am under the local cmht ( have been since early this year ) , the psychiatrist there made me worse by criticising me - he has though moved to another local cmht , the team leader at my one has been very good in recent weeks , comes out to see me by doing a home visit as i dread going to the centre , has arranged for a support worker to come to my home to do crafts with me and the team leader will be taking me to the centre next week when i am due to see the new doctor there , in return i shall do all i can to show that i am helping myself , he even explained to me why i was sick the other day - explained that when one is as anxious as i am sickness is to be expected and explained in a email how my body gets when my anxiety is bad , thank you for doing a good job in making sure everyone is safe xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.