Left side of leg NUMB following TKR

Posted , 12 users are following.

It has been nearly ten months now since my first TKR, and the left side of my calf remains NUMB. I am not experiencing this on my right leg on which I had my TKR about five months ago.

Will the numbness always be there?

Why such a difference between legs/numbness?

I have no difficulty MOVING either leg/knee, but the NUMB feeling just feels so weird!

Thanks!

0 likes, 51 replies

51 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Cheryl,l am 12 wks post op my friend is11 maths post both of us have numbness it might never come bk l think it's a feeling you get used to,at least no one is writing seems to be experiencing the horrible numbing pins and needles feeling which has happened to me called Miralgia parathetica which occurred after surgery on the opposite leg of my TKR, it's to do with surgery where the nerve has been cut of for long period it is usually consistent with hip surgery but l got it after TKR,
    • Posted

Thanks for letting me know about your experience and that of your friend. It is comforting to know that others have had similar experiences.

I hope you are having a good day!😊

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.