Left side problems

Posted , 8 users are following.

Okay, so about a week and a half ago I started getting a type of confused feeling. I could still function and it was just a strange sensation in my head. Later on this has progressed to the point to where the left side of my body has become different. My head is kind of numb type feeling on the left side, my arm feels heavier than my right, and my left leg feels like it is also heavier. There isn't really any pain and it all seems to be in my head. If I want to get up and walk around I have to think about the left side more than I do the right side, but overall I can walk just fine, lift things just fine, and if I push my arms away from me they both go out at the same time.

I am a 27 year old male and I do suffer from anxiety but this is not anxiety. I can't figure this one out. When I wake up sometimes it will be better, and other days I wake up with it. The back part of my neck does hurt, and there is kind of a pulling type pressure in the back left part of my head about 2 inches or so behind my ear. 

I am right handed and even my vision is better on my right. I have glasses and have astigmatism in both eyes but the left is definitely worse. When I am up it feels like I am off balance but the reality is that if I lean over on either leg I can balance probably better than anyone else.

PS: I also find that if I shrug my shoulders hard (lift them up and let them fall down hard) pins and needles very briefly shoot down both arms. 

I am very confused by all this, nothing makes sense. I am a very healthy person for the most part.

5'10" and weight 166lbs

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Dear Austin,

I have the same symptoms as you. Please get MRI of spine done and see what you see there. I have pain in the neck as well. One of the doctors said that my symptoms could be because of nerve root compression in the neck.

Please let me know how it goes and what you did to correct your problem

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.