leg pain with IBS?

Posted , 33 users are following.

Hi guys im just wondering if anyone as leg pain with ibs. All of a sudden im starting to ache at the back of my right leg in my hamstring and calf its also going into the heel and base of my foot sad

2 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi

Funny you should mention leg pain. Last Saturday I was sitting down after taken my dog for a walk having a cuppa and a snack and I experienced a sudden burning through to my lower body and instantly felt like I needed the loo (I've had one offs like this before) I have history of. IBS and also esophageal dysmotility. That escalated into a flare up of esophagitis and I've had calf tightness since. My symptoms became worse Christmas Eve with what I can only describe as electric shock type pain centre of chest that are brief but painful accompanied with an initial lack of appetite, stomach cramps mainly to the right side intestinal tract. I was told to up my omeprazole to double dose which has helped but 10 days later still feel fatigued and a bit wheezy, worse pains at night. I have to sleep with a wedge. Be interesting to hear of similar experiences. GP has said just to see how I go, under current circumstances they don't really want face to face consultations. This is the first time IBS and esophagitis has made me feel really unwell. I also get tenderness in my armpits which seems to be common.

• Posted

hi, i know this is an old thread, but i wanted to reply in case people come across this and need help. im 48 and have been suffering from ibs since i was 25. the lower back/hip/leg pain is from spasms in your intestines. the spasms can cause radiating pain or spasms through your body, even into your esophogus which my mother gets. what helps both of us is the medicine Bentyl (Dicyclomine). its a very commonly prescribed medicine for IBS and it stops the muscle spasms which in turn alleviates the pain in other parts of the body. you have to calm down everything in the gut.

• Posted

hi i too have just come across the thread, my doctor thinks i have some form of ibs and recently been getting leg cramps in my calfs sometimes thighs. and around my knees. wonder if its all connected?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.