leg pain with IBS?

Posted , 33 users are following.

Hi guys im just wondering if anyone as leg pain with ibs. All of a sudden im starting to ache at the back of my right leg in my hamstring and calf its also going into the heel and base of my foot sad

2 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

Hi yes i have the same problem , both legs and also on the base of my feet.

i have had stomache probs since i was sixteen i am now 67 ,at sixteen they didnt know what the cause of it was ...i am not in a good place with it now but i have to cope with it somehow ....!!!!!

• Edited

Hi femmes

Sorry to hear your suffering so badly still,

I have started getting the pains in hips and down both legs, and Also lower back.

Have you got an answer to why these pains are happening!

What have you found helps if any thing?

All the best,

• Edited

Both of my legs ache like I am sick with the flu or something. How odd
  • Posted

Yes, I have. In the past was far and few between. But I just went 3 days with it and not quite over it. I find if I keep using digestive AIDS , eat small amounts and I use rescue remedy (Bach flower remedy). This has been the worst. I stand at work, so not good.
  • Posted

Any chance you are taking Nexium?  I was having upper thigh pains and doctors dudn't know why. I looked up all my meds and this was not listed as a side effect.  I kept searching the Internet and found a small group of people complaining about leg pain and Nexium.  I stopped it and within 4 days the pains I had for weeks went away.  Just a thought.  Research your meds. 

• Posted

Hi there. I have been suffering with right sided abdominal pain for quite some time...at least two years..I have been to the doctors more than a few times and I've had 2 ultrasounds and a CT that showed everything to be normal. The pain feels like a really bad cramp on my side and often associated with gas or constipation..my mom has ibs and I have a feeling I do too..I also have GERD which has a high correlation with ibs symptoms. I have recently noticed leg pain radiating from the cramping pain in my lower right side near my hip. The pain will often go up my side towards my ribs..does anybody else experience this? It has been lasting all day for me for several weeks now

• Posted

Never been on this site before but it's probably an old message sounds like you might have gallbladder that's usually on the right side under the ribs and can radiate to the back and neck

• Posted

The sigmoid colon has a reflex spot related to legs. I wonder if the symptoms of spasms, cramps and leg pain are related to the colon. Could a damaged colon contribute to leg pain? 
  • Posted

I know it sounds mad but you don't have low blood pressure do you, if so cook with a little bit of salt as it could be cramp! I wish you luck and if your blood pressure is high please don't do this at all!

• Posted

ooph i feel for you, i have sciatica! this hurts where you've said and leaves pins and needles in my feet too. try going online and ask about the pigeon pose for yoga - it may well work and shift the pain. good luck!

• Edited

hi, i have the same problem with the leg pain and have bad ibs if im lucky i have one day a week where i have a normal day. ive tried to do a food diary but if i cancel off what makes me bad i wouldnt b eating any food! The doctors make me feel like im making up symtoms they never take me seriously, i am so uncomfortable and feel so low all the time. The pain is so horrible and some nights i cant sleep. Like tonight its half 4 in the morning i just want someone to take me seriously, ive found some info saying that fybro could be causing the pain, so once this lock down has ended im making another doctors appointment to try put this forward as they havent come up with anything. Hope everyone is staying safe

• Edited

Hey guys, ive had leg pain on and off for a while now. same with myself, doctors can never relate. I get so much pain in calves also thighs and feet. I'm in so much pain i cant explain! around the same time i get excess of gas and abdominal pain. I think I have the same thing. if anyone gets the same thing and has found anything that helps please let me know. Thanks, josh

• Posted

a trapped sciatic nerve will do this, try looking online for something called the pigeon pose, it might help ease some of the pain.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.