Legg Calve Perthes Surgery NO Replacement READ, as I may show a replacement is not only option.

Posted , 8 users are following.

i went to multiple doctors for my diagnoses. to make a story short, i ended up seeing one of the best doctors in the world for hip preservation Dr. Millis MD, at Boston Childrens Hospital. he had performed surgery with such deformity and "Extremely Severe hip dysplacia" latest being in 2002, another doctor in california is the only other doctor that can perform such surgery with great outcomes, took Dr.millis about 3 and a half months to figure out how to fix my hips(bilateral Perthes) with maximum coverage and mobility also trying to stop the pain. its incredibe how smart he is. they ended up doing a Relative Femoral Neck Lengening And Bernese PAO, also Greater Trochanter Lowering. recovery is still in progress 5 months out, but first month was very hard but with positive mind its possible. at 20 years old its hard. if you want further details about this or you have this and need help i am here for you and can give massive loads of info sense im basically a doctor on hips now haha, here is a before and after picture of my hip post op 2 months out and before surgery (left hip, right hip to be done early january as it needs to be or i cant walk on it anymore) 

2 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Sam35303:

My 13-year-old has just been diagnosed and is scheduled for stem cell surgery next month in an effort to regenerate blood blow and new bone growth.  I would appreciate any thoughts you have and/or if you believe it would be beneficial to contact Dr. Mills in Boston.  Thank you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.