let myself down today and anxiety won :(

Posted , 6 users are following.

I felt 70% normal yesterday and 80% today but as my blood results had low iron and platelets (no pregnant) I went into a mess even though consultant says its OK. I some how end up thinking something is wrong and I'll die of something. I know its stupid but I started getting shaky and now I'm stuck very light headed dizzy with a awful pressure headache and confused. Its soooo annoying that I know its so over the top yet I can't control it. # nut job! Got to laugh at myself or I'll cry 

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

PS. Now obviously I'm worried about been dizzy. I put myself into this state its so stupid why can't I b normal !
    • Posted

I have pretty much the same (apart from the blood tests). I had a pressure headache that came on last night and hasn't left. I had the light headedness and dizziness for 2 weeks. I went to a GP and they prescriibed lorazepam. To calm myself down I watch something online (for me it's usually 8 out of 10 cats) just because it makes me laugh and takes my mind off of it. Either that or lie on your bed in the dark or run a bubble bath x
    • Posted

I know its all anxiety I just don't get how strong it is and controls you it is like this evil voice in your head. Iv calmed down now but my body is still in a state. My head in spinning even whist sat. Annoying that I let it take over me after I was showing improvement at long last. 
  • Posted

Don't beat yourself up about it! Accept it and wait for time to pass. You,ll be fine! 
    • Posted

Part of me is thinking god ur crazy leave it and move on then part is like nooooo UV got lukemia. Obviously if the Dr thought anything bad he would say. Anxiety gives me a medical degree now it seems 
  • Posted

Sense of doom or that something bad is going to happen or constant worry about health are typical symptoms of anxiety. I have chronic severe anxiety and I tell you it is a terrible condition. I am looking for something new. I may try and get therapy in the new year. Good luck Rachel
    • Posted

O it best go away. I had it after the birth of my son and now 5years later in late pregnancy. Must be my homoanes that trigger it as never had it any other time. I'm on fluoxetine. If only we could all see clear xx
    • Posted

Obsessed at googleing stuff and reading my results over and over until I end up in a dizzy mess which will then take days to clear up. 
    • Posted

I was on fluoxetine (prozac) 20 years ago. It made the anxiety more severe and made me suicidal. It works for some. I'm highly sensitive to medication anyway.
    • Posted

Its helped not great on the anxiety but lifted depression. Been 5weeks now. I can function where as before I can't get off the sofa 
  • Posted

I've only recently found out that health anxiety comes under the umbrella of OCD! Makes sense to me! Obsessive behaviour. Mines weighing myself 20 times a day because I'm losing weight. Rationally it's bound to happen cos I'm nauseous all the time and not eating much but still...... Yours at mo is checking your results! Oh to be normal eh? Doc would have sat you down and explained what was wrong. He probably did!!! You,re fine!!!! 
    • Posted

Ha I'm just like you but I've stopped waying self as I've already lost 20 pounds and it just affects you even more. Keep up the eating though even if ur not hungry. I've created a food journal to distract me and make sure I'm eating ok
  • Posted

Hi Rachel, low iron levels is very common because of diet, it's not something we naturally produce so it's nothing worry about, iron tablets are great, my wife has a low iron count and apiften feels very tired which in itself can bring on depression because it's more of an effort to do things.

Your anxiety is the result of being told abd it triggering uour anxiety response, it will go as if your consultant isn't worried neither shoukd you.

Pop some iron supplements if the consultants suggests it or eat a diet with plenty greens. N 

• Posted

I just feel in a constant fog its annoying. Fluoxetine has brought me out of a deep depression and worked on anxiety a bit. I don't feel suicidal I'm just knee to get bk to been me, I know how lucky I am and iv everything to b positive about its just this brain fog that hangs about 
    • Posted

Hi Rachel,

I've been struggling with similar issues and because of the fact that I am rather proactive I try to find explanation for everything, but that sometimes pulls me deeper into anxiety. The iron deficiency is pretty common and you should always go with the simplest explanations- these are almost always right. Fluoxetine made me a bit foggy but after a while the feeling went away. Personally, what helps me is accepting feeling weird and not trying to get to back to being"me"- the effort to be "normal" is just to exhausting and stressfull. So, my advice may be strange, but just embrace how you're feeling. Imagine, ok, this is how it is and now I need to adapt. Then, you stop fighting with what your body is expressing and slowly you feel more and more relaxed until you see that symptoms are gone. You can give it a try just for few days and see if it helps. I really hope you'll feel better soon!

• Posted

Thank you. I am trying really hard but I dont know if its the anxiety the meds or the fact I'm 37wks pregnant and worn out. I feel so stressed 
    • Posted

Iv been on it 5weeks so still to kick on more xx
    • Posted

Got this too. Totally crazy perception w dizziness too.  From what I'm reading it happens and is just common. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.