Let's add to the 66 perimeno symptoms list..

Posted , 84 users are following.

Hi All,

I want to compile a new list of all the symptoms we have experienced that aren't on the 66 listed. If you could take a minute to write yours, that would be great. I'd really like to get these lists to all of our doctors out there, so hope when we are finished you will too..

My latest is burning foot, just one foot

Also noticed anxiety and depression did not make the list

Sensitivity to drugs

Frozen shoulder (aka menopausal or 50's shoulder)

Pain in upper back near shoulder blade

Trouble breathing (beyond shortness of breath, can't get a deep breath in)

High heart rate (even with low blood pressure)

Burning facial and upper body skin without sweating

sore, dry throat

13 likes, 178 replies

178 Replies

Next
  • Edited

My symptoms are.... bloated tummy and sometimes sore feeling inside.

Hot flushes in the middle of the night

Tight, burning chest

Aching shoulder

Fuzzy head

No period since January

I've been given HRT but after 3 weeks, I'm coming off it. I felt even more bloated and uncomfortable. I'm now trying to quit caffeine after 3pm and really go for it with the exercise to help me sleep.

• Edited

Hello Suzanne i was getting ready to write down soar dry throat and i noticed you have it on list. For me i keep thinking its allergies but never have i ever had allergies. I am 46 and had a partial hysterectomy 3 yrs ago. But i remember clearly when i started feeling like this January 2016. Last year was a recorder breaker for me and the doctor visits. My gallbladder was removed still have back pain. Getting home from work straight to couch not knowing how i made it to the house i was so tired and sleepy. Bone ache, exactly what you have upper back near shoulder blade pain. anxiety. I will tell you i am doing a little better i have been on the patch Estradiol .025 my anxiety is better. But i can tell you some stories on how bad my anxiety got. I am trying to stay away from doctors now just to be able to pay last years medical bills sad . Have you gone to doctor for your soar throat? I am setup for xray of my throat but i am trying to hold off to pay some bills. Thanks for your input it really does help. Thank You.
    • Edited

I had my gallbladder out too in November. Figure I'm about 20 grand in health bills that weren't covered by insurance. Crazy

Yesterday I saw the GI, he was the last doc on my list and the only test I didn't have was a colonoscopy. I just can't do it, been through too much in the last 8 months.

Yes, when this all started, I had a dry sore throats that just wouldn't go away. Then I got a lump in my throat too. Saw my ENT and he scoped me, down my nose in to my throat. He said it just looked red and maybe I had silent reflux. Also my salivary glands were very dry. He suggested trying a high alkaline diet which started me in a downward spiral of cutting things out of my diet resulting in a fast 30 pound loss and the start of ALL the rest of my crazy symptoms. The pain in my back was next, then the not being able to breath, palpitations, shakes, burning, anxiety, eye flashes, malaise, etc, etc..

• Posted

Woww its amazing how similar our symtpoms are. But it looks like i started early I am 46 sad i think because i had a partial hysterectomy. Thanks Suzanne thank you for not making me feel like i am crazy smile
    • Edited

i started these crazy symptoms at 46 and havent had any surgery. i think its just some of us start early others dont. regardless its awful isnt it?

• Edited

Anxiety, palpitations, sickness, nausea, dizziness, headaches, fatigue, finding it hard to exercise.
    • Edited

Oh and I can sleep for England, unlike most permenapausal ladies, I'm the opposite! I go to bed at 9.00 and I don't want to get up and can sleep till 10.00 next day if it's a weekend and still tired! Think it's a type of depression I'm suffering from with the tiredness. X

• Edited

Similar to you Julie with a few more added on. Constant dizziness as soon as I am vertical with odd off balance sensation, feeling faint and could pass out, stiff sore neck, pain in legs, burning feet, inner vibration, not able to cope with any kind of stress even raised voices, severe migraines and nausea and many more which I can't explain or have forgotten ...oh yes and poor memory lol 🤣Xx

• Posted

Susanne oh yes I've had many blood tests, diabetes, thyroid the thing is I first saw my GP two years ago about thinking I was in the menopause due to some strange symptoms. My menopause blood test came back normal but my red blood cell count came back high and they thought I had Polycythemia Vera, many, many blood tests since I've now been diagnosed with erthrocytosis which is secondary polycythemia and they think it's the menopause that's to blame!!! Typical two years of awful symptoms and my blood was to blame, no one ever thought that my blood rise was because of menopause, treat that and my blood will perhaps go back to normal, you ought to put my strange story in your book, as for thyroid it's fine. Julia xx

• Posted

Yes! This is exactly the kind of story that other women need to hear. We all need our stories heard! I'm concerned that meno is kicking up old Lyme Disease, but the in depth testing is over $1000, so I'm putting that off for now. It's in my back pocket though, I'm waiting to see if the BHRT will help things first.

I have to look up what you have, I can't believe it's something I haven't come across yet. And I'm the Google queen, mustve logged in a million or more hours by now! 

• Edited

I live in tbe uk Julia and I'm finding GPS are not knowledgeable at all in these issues definitely untreated depression does set in quickly x

• Edited

Ditto on your symptoms here. The dizzy off balance feeling...have you found any relief?
    • Edited

Oh my gosh...I AM NOT CRAZY I feel like I have a some kind of disease. I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE

• Edited

I feel the same way you do! it seems like every couple of weeks I'm getting new symptoms and fear I have some dreaded disease. I'm 49 and my latest symptoms are tingling in the hands and feet and lately I've been feeling tired and clumsy. I'm terrified of having some neurological disorder but my doctor has assured me I'm fine. I DON'T feel fine! I'm sure I'm about to have a nervous breakdown!

• Edited

i have all your symptoms too

anxiety the worst and palps

really need hrt not anti deppressants xxx

• Edited

most GP's stick by the book and think menopause/hormones is voodoo. doctors only interests are in the pharmaceutical companies they are in bed with. They are legal drug dealers essentially.

• Posted

i am a total mess . two yrs ago i think this is started i am now 49

i was on many different anti deppressants but were not helping and side effects horrrndeuos

off balance

wake early hrs with palps

stonach issues

exhausted all day . gave my job up as couldnt function with these periods on and off

had lots of bloods done and i was lack in vit d and folic acid

never had these issues before now i feel just so run down with a cold i thought but it lastest two days now back again

so confused and need me back

drs said my hirmones lok normal but i know i am not right

i have always had anxiety but this is different

my periods are like brown constantly and my periods are all over the place like i bleed for like two days heavy then stop

really at my wits ends xxx

• Posted

this is exactly like me, ive just managed to do some ironing & im exhausted, my stomach is bloated & uncomfortable i know ive got to eat but have no appetite. new symptom the last few days is burning mouth/tongue & my gums look really pale, my health anxiety is now telling me i am anemic help!!!!

• Edited

omg yess my gums loks pale too

and just getting over cold i feel something is wrong with me each and every day

i got palps like the missed beats and omg i thought that was it . came from nowhere but after reading the 66 symptoms i felt at ease but still set me back all day and kept feeling my pulse xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.