Let's add to the 66 perimeno symptoms list..

Posted , 84 users are following.

Hi All,

I want to compile a new list of all the symptoms we have experienced that aren't on the 66 listed. If you could take a minute to write yours, that would be great. I'd really like to get these lists to all of our doctors out there, so hope when we are finished you will too..

My latest is burning foot, just one foot

Also noticed anxiety and depression did not make the list

Sensitivity to drugs

Frozen shoulder (aka menopausal or 50's shoulder)

Pain in upper back near shoulder blade

Trouble breathing (beyond shortness of breath, can't get a deep breath in)

High heart rate (even with low blood pressure)

Burning facial and upper body skin without sweating

sore, dry throat

13 likes, 178 replies

178 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

Suzanne you are wonderful,Depression for  5 days after bleeding,dry mouth and lips,hot flushes all night,Diahorea,stomach pain after period,washed out ,tired,And had enough of this!!!
    • Edited

I think we should all write our testimonials about what we've gone through. The crazy symptoms and doctors responses, etc.

And put them in a book. I really think I'm going to do this! If we can help some women in the future it would be worth it. Going to call it 'Beyond the hot flash' or something like that..

God, the stories I could tell.

• Edited

Serious Suzanne go for it with the millions of women around the world going through it and always more on the way.Remembering we are only second generation of women to go through this.The first only lived to around 41 Go for it I mean really.
    • Posted

Hi Suzanne, I'm new here and could sure use some support. How about a sudden, and I mean sudden , as in one day, my complete intolerance for caffeine! And if you knew me, you would hardly believe that lol. But this anxiety has me back on medication so I pray it helps.

Thank you all for sharing. This forum might just save my sanity.

• Posted

LOL! Not the caffeine!!!

Seriously, I've been off caffeine too, just makes my giant cysts which are the size of implants even worse!

Another symptoms for me:

Cursing!!! Ok, ok, I know that's not really a side effect but..

• Posted

Do it - it would be brilliant! Just found this site - it’s fantastic! X
    • Edited

It’s fantastic ??- this menopause makes you feel so isolated sometimes & all these symptoms 😔 so glad I found this - thank you! X

• Edited

I curse too!! I don’t seem to have a filter anymore 😳🙄😂

• Edited

hi so , sweating inbetween legs groin and butt tierd al the time feeling itchy allover

heart racing insomnia bloating weoight gain in stomach but weight loss on legs and butt, went from 6 months of period to so light every four so weeks it might aswell not be there at all, period pains and headachs just befor and after, losing muscle tone,

looking tierd and haggared hair wont grow got thinner hair to gosh so fedup now just mentioning all my symtoms, spots on sides of face and neck, hair growing wear it didnt befor, wanting sex but cant be botherd lol, easly upset adn get angry.

want to exersize but to tierd to, pain in both my elbows, pain in one foot, pain in knees

thinner lips,gosh why cant some dr come up with a pill that flipin cures this well at least untill im like seventy or somthing .

• Edited

Oops sorry more frequent ruination,pimples on neck and face,ear noise
  • Edited

For me, anxiety and depression *are* the list.  Everything else is just extra.

• Posted

I agree Liz.  Everything else is more of a nusance.  I have always had anxiety and OCD (which were managable in the past), but are now difficult to control.  Now I add depression to the mix.  Wish I could stay in bed all day.
    • Posted

Amalie, same here... I've had anxiety issues all my life... much harder to manage now and definitely experiencing some depression, too.

• Posted

Same here. My doctor(he left the medical field and it's been hell trying to find another PCP as good) put me on Trazodone for depression. I take 100 mg at bedtime. I've been taking it since 2014 and it works well most days, but there are days when I have to supplement it with half a Valium, because of anxiety. Some days I feel like I could run a marathon, other days I feel so old. I'm 57 and six and a half years post menopausal. I do take a 50+ multivitamin, a probiotic, fish oil, garlic oil, I exercise, and  try to drink plenty of water. I also take a tablespoon of unsulphered blackstrap molasses, and a mixture of apple cider vinegar, honey and water. That mixture seem to give me energy on the tired days. Losing weight has been next to impossible. So I just pray, try to stay healthy and laugh, even when it's hard to.  smile

• Edited

Anxiety & panic attacks were horrendous- Rodiola Rosea from the health shop has helped with this 

• Posted

My OCD is totally blowing up I am so glad to hear that I am not alone in this.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.