Let’s have a few laughs today...

Posted , 16 users are following.

What is the stupidest thing you have been told by a health care provider regarding your symptoms? I mean like after you heard it...you could not believe they went to school for this.

ME: Dr, I cannot eat, I am losing weight, I am sick, dizzy, ready to collapse.

DR: People can go 6 weeks without eating. (Actual answer given at an ER visit)

4 likes, 54 replies

54 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

OMG... I swear I think these doctors got their license in a gumball machine I've been having a pain for around three weeks now near my belly button I went to the emergency room they did an ultrasound and told me it looks that I had fibroids and they saw a mass and their assistant after the doctor left the room told me oh we have to be Boy Scouts about this fibroids could be cancerous oh my goodness are you kidding me I go in with a pain and I leave with my blood pressure high as the sky because this guy is telling me that I might have cancer I went to my gynecologist and he says he doesn't understand why they told me that it doesn't show in the ultrasound any Mass no fibroids everything look fine he did my pap smear and thank God everything came back okay so I made an appointment with my primary care doctor and I'm explaining to her that the pain in my belly button hasn't gone away it's been now a month and she goes over all the test that they did in the emergency room and she's telling me everything looks okay you look fine there's nothing wrong I don't know where that pain is coming from it could be stress she says OMG really the only stress I have is the one you guys are giving me because you don't find out what's going on with me so yesterday the pain was unbearable I ended up again in the emergency room only this time I found a doctor that finally told me what I had they did a CAT scan and it showed I had a small hernia finally after a month of suffering it's so unbelievable how some of these doctors just don't really care they just want you in and out and to get paid and that idiot assistant that scared the lights out of me it's just crazy!!!

• Posted

unreal! My former...cannot emphasize FORMER...primary dr. Told me last year she was "convinced " that I had MS. 3 months of total panic. when I got cleared...she said..."that's great...I really thought you had MS".

• Posted

I just love the way they add so much fear into your already highly anxious state and just send you out the door and take your money. My GP thought I had MS too and told me so. I have had thorough testing for it and I don;t have it, but more months after his appointments I would google the symptoms of MS and live in fear as I had seemingly had them all.

• Posted

Me too! I even brought it up with the otoneuro I saw last month...he had absolutely no worries about MS especially after already being tested. I have an older friend who does have MS...she told me years ago she got out of bed and her legs just gave out from underneath her. She gets along really well now with meds, etc. But, very scary when a dr tells us these things. It is bad enough what we come up with on our own!

• Posted

"You need to see a psychiatrist". Really? (This was about 2 years ago)

I am seeing a therapist now because I'm on stress/burnout/depression leave.

• Posted

Oh god! I hate when they turn into mental health experts. My current dr mentioned that to me during a visit back in the spring. my husband was with me. My dr introduced himself to my husband...they shook hands. When we left...I told my hubbie that Dr. A needs to see somebody about his dementia...my husband and I have the same primary dr...he had no idea who my husband was. 

• Posted

😂😂😂

What annoys me is all these freaking commercials showing menopausal aged women hiking, out having fun, jogging (in the rain no less). They don't show the ugly side of menopause, nobody wants to see that.

• Posted

you said a mouthful! Yes! let's go hiking up a mountain with our heart palps, dizziness, depression, hot flashes, migraines, incontinence, nausea, stomach issues and anxiety. I am sure if the actor in the commercial had all that she would jump off once she reached the top.

I hope you are getting in some relaxation from your work leave.

• Posted

omg!! Lou!! you are so funny!!! i really did laugh out loud!!!

this might be the best thread yet ive read!!

everyone keeping their sense of humor through all this crap!!

hugs to each and everyone im so thankful i found this forum!!! wish we could all meet somewhere!!!!!l

😃

• Posted

Now that is funny! Sounds like he needs some ginkgo for his mem

• Posted

Oh my goodness I truly needed this laugh!!!! 😂😂😂😂 I was putting my kids to bed and had to get up and leave the room so as to not disturb them with my laughter! Oh so funny and so true!

• Posted

😂😂😂 Lou you made me laugh so hard! I haven't laughed that hard in a while!

• Posted

me too! my temples and forehead...I was looking through an old photo album and found a pic of after I had my son...forehead was covered in zits! Freakin hormones! I use clean and clear gel.

• Posted

It's on my chin and cheeks. This has been my worse year yet with menopause. I've had symptoms here and there but this year wow. Especially the depression.

• Posted

I agree this year cannot be over soon enough. I hope next year throws us a break. Stay strong Juanita ❤

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.