Let's share CBC results

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi. 24th week of mono. My complete blood count abnormalities:

Decreased MCHC, RDW, and  NEU%. Increased PLT and LYM.

0 likes, 45 replies

45 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hoping that things can improve soon Gee....once you're through the first six months that is by far the worst phase over and things can improve - it might still take a bit of time but I don't believe you will have to go through another six months like this one - hang in there!!

Craig

• Posted

Thank you Craig. I appreciate your kind words. My currents symptoms are: dizziness, feeling drunk and spaced out, scalp sensitivity and heavy and puffy area above eyes. 
    • Posted

Yes it is so strange it can do all sorts of weird things to your body....just hoping that things can settle down soon.....wish it was easier - hang in there there is still lots of hope for recovery.

Craig

• Posted

Not sure if i even had mono but it started over a year ago with all the symptoms of mono.. and to this day i still have a huge number of ongoing symptoms
    • Posted

Hope that things improve for your Kurt, they still can and it just seems to be for some it takes longer than others - I still had a number of symptoms after 1 year but into the second year things got much better.

Craig

• Posted

What symptoms were you experiencing as this is doing my head in haha, ive had extensive testing done to try find an issue as my EBV test only showed previous infection
    • Posted

Oh well throughout the virus I had all sorts of symptoms from low grade running fever (ALL the time), sore and swollen glands in my neck and other parts of my body, feeling tired and wiped out all of the time, and just generally not feeling well within myself.

Things will get better Kurt, they really will - I didn't think I would recover from it but God was merciful and compassionate - your body resilience will come back I truly believe.

Craig

• Posted

I've started having symptoms in April. Got tested in August. Igm was negative at that point. 

What are your symptoms?

• Posted

Repeated sore throat, difficulty swallowing and viruses, enlarged lymph nodes, fstigue, dizziness plenty more
    • Posted

Craig is right. I have been dealing with this virus for 14 months. I have had all the weird symptoms. I had extreme fatigue, puffy eyes, joint pain, insomnia, brain fog, swollen spleen, etc. I was diagnosed with cfs. Craig has always been here with encouraging words. I am starting to see some improvements. Starting to sleep some and vision is starting to get better. This is a terrible virus, but hopefully in time I will fully recover.
    • Posted

Hi Brent, for how long you've had puffy eyes? I have puffy eyes too

• Posted

Hey Brent,

What an awful time you have been through, I'm glad to hear that starting to see some improvements, that is a positive thing and yes still fully believing that you will make a complete recovery - you won't have to go through another year like the last one, things will get better from here hang in there - thinking about you.

Craig

• Posted

Thinking about you too Gee....hang in there - hoping for a good day and settled period for you - you will make a full recovery I really believe.

Craig

• Posted

So what symptoms have you had for that long though? Cause im seriously done with this i feel like im actually dieing
    • Posted

Hi Kurt,

The tiredness (feeling wiped out a lot), low grade fever and the swollen lymph nodes, especially a reactive gland in my neck, were the symptoms that lasted the longest for me - but they all do go away I really sympathise and sincerely hope you can see some improvement soon.

Craig

• Posted

How long did those symptoms persist for you?

Glad your feeling better though!

• Posted

I had real puffy eyes for several months. I had extreme insomnia right after that. Puffy eyes went away after I started getting some sleep.
    • Posted

I went through a lot. I went through a divorce and got a tick Bourne illness and mono at the same time. I have also worked through most of the illness. My advice is if you don't have to work stay at home! My sickness has lasted longer because I did work. My biggest problem is fatigue and vision issues. Also brain fog. I classify as a cfs case. I am starting to see some improvements though. I feel worse in the mornings. I will have a couple of good days were I will do a lot, but I pay for it for several days afterwards. Rest,time and patience is all we have against this virus.

• Posted

It's hard to recall exactly Kurt as it was about 10 years ago, but I remember that it wasn't until about 10 months that I really started to feel some decent progress, and gradually after that period things got better but it still did take some time and I had a long phased return to work but things did come bit by bit.

Craig

• Posted

Oh okay than. Im just trying to get to the bottom of whats going on with me thats all.. i seem to be a medical mystery as all doctors i see cant find a problem
    • Posted

Kurt, do you have any CBC of liver enzymes abnormalities?

Also, any neurological symptoms?

• Posted

I had one test with abnormal liver enzymes, and what sort of neurological symptoms? Why do you ask
    • Posted

I've asked because you said you have a mysterious disease.

• Posted

Yeh for over a year ive had multiple problems that doctors cant seem to narrow down 
    • Posted

Hi Kurt my neck is so painful! Do u find yours if warmer on one side? Xxx
    • Posted

Hi rosanna, how are you? 

I could write a book aswell! Haha might be easier to just private message me so we dont clog this forum haha 

• Posted

How do u private message? I'm on fb as Rosanna Baggalley, I believe I'm the only one with that name. Pic is wedding day. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.