Let's share CBC results

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi. 24th week of mono. My complete blood count abnormalities:

Decreased MCHC, RDW, and  NEU%. Increased PLT and LYM.

0 likes, 45 replies

45 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I've had mono since May 24th or symptoms really showed on May 24th. I've been lurking these forums ever since and I just want to say to Craig that just reading your replies have helped me a lot. I'm on 4 months now. Did anyone just completely lose their appetite? Right now my symptoms are dizziness loss of appetite, brain fog, and a constant itchy sore throat. I'm in the US army and am supposed to be going to nursing school in the army sometime next year. The brain fog is the worst symptom because I felt I was always so smart and on top of my game but now? Now I'm just spaced out. Army really hasn't done much for me. When does the brain fog usually end? I need my mind and motivation back this is just not an option for me.

• Posted

Sorry dude. Imma start my 7th month in couple of days and I'm still dizzy and fatigued. Apart from sleepiness my neurological symptoms are scalp sensitivity and short term memory, seems like. 

Army? Does it mean you exercise through the pain? 

• Posted

Yeah I don't really have pain or tiredness, I'm just really brain fogged and like you said my short term memory is terrible.  Just no appetite, dizziness and all that crap. This really has been the worst thing that's ever happened to me and at the worst time ever. I'm not sure I could pass nursing school like this.

• Posted

Well guys I'm praying for all of us. I just want to continue my productive life and be the soldier that I know I am but I can't like this. They didn't test me until 2 1/2 months after symptoms so my monospot was neg. how long have you guys been down with this s**t? It's pretty brutal. I've read almost every discussion on forums about it and doctors still seem to think it's a one month deal. I'm with you guys though. I believe you and this junk is rough. Here's to getting better fellas, we all will.

• Posted

Btw my CBC and everything is good now. Before they thought mono my cbc was showing high bilirubin? Wbu? High bilirubin from what I hear is an indicator of mono
  • Posted

Only reason I know this is mono is because this all started after about 3 weeks of drinking after a girl my wife works with that had a confirmed case then things went dowwwwwwnnnn hill
    • Posted

Ive been feeling s**t for a year now.. missus got sick and than i did, she was all good after 2 weeks though.. still gets a sore throat all the time though
  • Posted

I have some what similar results like you and was wondering if you have found out what is going on? Im still tired and swollen glands everywhere. I had low hemoglobin, mch, mchc and slightly high platelet. Ebv tested positive for igg 336 and nuclear 95.6 and negative igm <36.

• Posted

So sorry to hear you've been having these awful symptoms with mono, just want to reassure you that it does get better with time, it's so frustrating I know and it can take a bit of time for some which is very hard, but most definitely you will get there and do get plenty of rest and take vitamins / herbs, etc. 

Thinking about you and believing you are going to get better and through this hard time - hang in there, sending healing thoughts and prayers. 

Craig

• Posted

Thank you craig for your positive thoughts. Do you have any idea if these results say that i have recently had the virus or if it was months ago or even years would the igg still be that high? Just wondering because i had these colds that wouldnt let up this year and sore throat that wouldnt go away till july sometime. I also lost my voice and got laryngitis. After the second sore throat at the end of june around july 3rd started getting swollen nodes everywhere it seems and they are not leaving. The extreme tiredness also came after about a few weeks of being sick with the cold i had. Just wondering if this is recent mono or something of the past i never knew i had.

P.S. I am just scared of all these swollen nodes that seem to stay but not get bigger and all i do is worry. I had a full cbc and all that came back was low hmb as I am and have always been slightly anemic 11.2 should be 11.7 or higher and slightly elevated platelets 463 should be 400 or less. All doc said was nothing to worry past infection.

• Posted

Hi Jessica,

I'm afraid my medical knowledge on blood tests is very limited, I don't know what the numbers mean and everything. My understanding was that a blood test for EBV could tell whether the infection was current or whether you had a past infection or not, but again that's only from my limited knowledge. For me, the EBV only showed active in the first few weeks and even though I was still unwell for several months with the virus, my blood tests after then just showed normal and past infection I think - so want to reassure you that this is normal. 

It is totally understandable for you to be so scared as this virus is a horrible experience to go through. I want to reassure you that things do get better with this, and that the symptoms you describe very much sound like you have been going through mono or something similar for possible some months now perhaps. Remember it can take some months to get over this virus and what you're going through is very much similar to what I went through too, was so scared and thought things would never improve, it was so draining physically and emotionally - but thanks to God things did get better with time and you will get better with time too I truly believe. 

I had swollen and painful lymph nodes too, these were so frustrating and they lingered right throughout the virus along with the fatigue and low grade fever, but believe me Jessica even if it's not immediate full recovery can and does happen with this - remember get plenty of rest, don't overdo things, remove stress as much as possible, take some vitamins and herbs (a good strong multi-vitamin, B complex for energy levels, Vitamin C (1000mg-3000mg per day) and immune boosting herbs like siberian ginseng and echinicea). 

Thinking about you and hang in there!

Craig

• Posted

Again craig thanks for the advice and kind words. This is something no one should have to go through it sucks. Hoping and praying all will be well soon. Again thank you.
    • Posted

Thanks Jessica, having a tough day myself so thanks for the encouraging words and thinking about you, praying for God to help each of us. 

Craig 

• Posted

Yes I pray . Started getting sick again yesterday sore throat and ear pain. Is this normal?
    • Posted

Sore throats and ear pain can definitely be normal during mono, these can be amongst many common symptoms I believe. Really hoping things settle down for you soon Jessica, I know you're having such a hard time right now and hoping and praying God brings relief and strength and recovery in your situation - I believe that He will, hang in there.

Craig

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.