Let's talk flare ups

Posted , 4 users are following.

I'm in the middle of a flare up, I have no pain in my tummy but all other symptoms

Light head

Headache

Nausea all day in waves everyday for last two weeks

Feeling going to faint ...just twice

Feeling very poorly and weak

Thirst

In spite of all this it seems their is nothing the doctor can or will give me he will only give antibiotics when I am in pain as that is when an infection is present

I am now on fybogel, and paracetamal.

I get the impression its a case you have to just live with these symptoms and get on with it yourself until it passes which make it difficult to just get on with life and work as it gets you down

I have been trying to self help myself

Found peppermint tea holds nausea help digestion

Smelling salts for fainting and dizziness

Nothing for generally feeling totally unwell and fatigue

Has anyone found anything that helps their symptoms or have your doctor given you anything to help these symptoms besides bed rest and no work ta

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Fingers crossed that the combination keeps working for you.... I also take fybogel and paracetemol but only when absolutely needed, and I haven't had to take them since starting the peppermint oil capsules!

• Posted

Your symptoms seem different, did you have a CT scan to confirm diverticulitis?
    • Posted

Hi Linda

No I didn't I had only a blood test

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.