Lets use this thread to check-in for the day and know in real time we are not alone!

Posted , 20 users are following.

Just put down how you are feeling, good or bad.  

I couldn't sleep last night; I just would lay there and nothing would happen.  I took my magnesium, my sleeping herbs, and I felt tired, but sleep would not come.  If I did sleep, it was very light and disturbing dreams!  I think I got at most 2 hours.  Had to get up with the kids at 6:30, get lunches ready and drive them to school.  Came home, took a hot bath, had some breakfast, and now I am cozied up on the couch listening to my audiobook and reading on this site about insomnia and menopause to make me feel better.  smile

Insomnia is horrible, and at 3 am when the whole house is sleeping and you know you aren't going to get any and its a lost cause and you worry about the next night...ugh.  

I'm waiting for my bhrt estrogen to get here in the mail from my compounding pharmacy in 2 days...early menopause at 40.  I can't wait to start!

How are you all fairing today?

4 likes, 43 replies

43 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Really quite emotional today. My 14 year old  daughter will be spending the night at a friend's house tonight, only a couple blocks away. I'm a wreck and ready to start bawling. So irrational and ridiculous I know. I'm not a fan of these mood swings and intense emotions sad

• Posted

Hi Trinity...I remember that feeling, when your babies begin to spread their wings.( Now I am beginning to see my grants start spreading theirs!)I felt like my life was ending...but my older sis suggested i use the extra time to just begin to refocus on myself, like we all did before our babies came. Know that you have a lot of exciting and super fun times ahead of you. You won't always be "in your feelings" as the kids I teach like to say! But she's going to be right around the corner, and she's coming back. So...no looking at her baby pics, go take a soak and have a cup of tea or glass of your fave... read, pray, give thanks, watch something dumb or funny on the tv... and take care of YOU for a little while.

Hugs!!

• Posted

Thanks! Your sister has great advice! It's such a weird time of life....kids growing up, parents growing old, I'm changing hormonally, etc. It is such a crucial time for self-care. 

I don't know why I'm freaking out about her spending the night away. She has several times before. I'm just a hormonal mess and she's my best friend. 

Anyway, thanks so much smile

• Posted

What is it with the itchy skin and random rough patches?? It's driving me nuts today....help!

• Posted

Yes, the itchiness is so weird. I didn't know it was a symptom of perimenopause for the longest time. Some days it's uncontrollable. It doesn't even seem skin related sometimes...like it's internally sourced. Not topical.

• Posted

How many of you on this thread are on any kind of hormones?  I am on bio-identical progesterone and estrogen, and I found I was under-dosing myself with the estrogen.  The bottle of cream says to use 1/4 tsp once or twice a day or dime sized amount.  I wasn't measuring, just using what looked like a dime sized.  I got out the measuring spoon today and 1/4 is much more than I thought!  I had the best day and the best sleep last night.  Like sleeping like a kid sleep.  Today I felt as if the heaviness lifted.  I did yoga and didn't feel drained like I usually do, I felt invigorated...I never feel that.  Spent all day with my kids (they had another day off) and I didn't yell or snap once!  I actually laughed and felt normal.  Here's to hoping this continues...

• Posted

Ugh, wish I could edit...I wanted to add that this is just a standard over-the-counter natural estriol (the weakest estrogen) and a smallish dose, so I can't wait till I get the compounded amount for my own estrogen levels!  A few weeks till I see the new obgyn.

• Posted

What brand of over the counter estrogen are you using? I have something but I didn't know if would help

You can pm me if the moderators won't let you post. Is it still helping and how often do you use it?

• Posted

I don't think the brand matters, I've used two different ones, they both had .75 mg of estriol per 1/4 tsp.  Its pretty light, and I don't think the cream gets it all into my body either.  I use it twice a day and sometimes I can tell I need more.  I make sure to take the progesterone with it too.  

• Posted

I had early Meno at 42 couldn't have hrt.51 now and still have sleepless nights...post Meno was worse for me than actual menopause..

• Posted

That's what I have been seeing...I am so glad I am on something!  No way am I going to feel like this through my 40s!!  I already feel like I've lost half my 30's to this...

• Posted

Im post meno nine years and still have nights were I only get 2hrs a couple of nights a week it’s awful...I had meno at 42 ..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.