Letter

Posted , 13 users are following.

Hi, anyone in the UK received the letter that has been posted regarding you being in the high risk group?

0 likes, 40 replies

40 Replies

Next
  • Edited

No I vent heard a thing. On the nras website there is some detail about risk categories and naming specific drugs used - it's quite useful to see how high your personal risks are.

• Posted

I am on methotrexate and toxcimulab, both are named on the site but not heard anything

• Posted

hi i am on methotrexate and benopali

i dont expect to get letter as dont get called for flu jab

• Posted

I'm on the same and I do get called up for the flu jab. Must just be down to each Trust maybe?

• Posted

You have to initiate this yourself to be recalled each year. I can receive it free for 3 different diseases but still my particular GP does not send a reminder. Instead, it is easier for me to go to Boots and get it done and they then inform my GP. You should be having this. Make sure you get it this Autumn.

• Posted

No. I'm on methotrexate and Benepalli. According to the nras flow chart that's moderate risk, but should be housebound for 12 weeks,work from home, not even go out to exercise but that's not shielded? I'm not really sure what the difference is to be honest.

• Edited

Hi,

I'm on methotrexate and adalimumab and have been sent home from work by my employer to manage my service remotely (I'm an Occupational Therapist managing a physio and OT service in an acute Trust. . .. .so very much in the firing line if I'd have stayed at work).

I have had bilateral shingles, necessitating hospital admission in the last 12 weeks so clearly not the greatest immune system.

Having said all that, I haven't had anything through either to identify me as high risk and being instructed to isolate, which is a worry.

Just hoping we haven't all been overlooked 🤔

Stay safe folks 🤞🙏👍

• Edited

Hello

I have'nt heard anything either and the announcement last Sunday said approx 1.5 million would be receiving notification regarding the self isolation of the high to very high risk people depending what immunosuppressants and d mards were taking.

l am taking MTX injection and Amgevita injection

But i guess if you look at the length of time it,s taken the govt to get covid 19 testing kits here and the PPE for all the extremely brave NHS staff who are putting it on the line every day they go to work then sending a letter out to us lot is way diwn th list. I called my local hospital as i have my review coming up in a couple of weeks but they,re going to do that over the phone, anyways i asked them the question while i was on phone about this and recieved in reply nothing but repetitive jargon as though the person i was speaking to was reading off a sheet.

Anyways my take on it is we look after ourselves a lot more than normal and for God,s sake stay in.

Cheers all stay safe

Gaz

• Posted

I was supposed to have my review last Tuesday so phoned hospital last Mon to check if it was still on. Person I spoke to wasn't very helpful, basically told me that consultant had taken files home so I may get a call. I am still waiting 😦.

I thought letters were coming from our consultants?

• Edited

Hi, yes i received Wednesday.

i take prednisolne, and i have severe asthma. letter does not state the reason just says high risk due to underlying health condition or disease.

annabelle

• Posted

it was headed letter from the NHS but had my GP at the end of the letter.

i believe the GP surgeries gave them a list of people and NHS wrote from that. Any letters i receive from my GP practice or normally on letter headed paper from them. .

• Edited

It's a template letter from the NHS that is generated from your GP. A friend who works for a GP practice in London, whom is responsible for filling in the gaps of these templates for the doctors she works for, was only issued them at 4pm the Friday just gone. There isn't any chance that the vulnerable patients in the health centre she works for will receive their letters on time by the end of March. She is manually having to input the words 'NHS No:' as it is missing from the template, along with names and addresses and signatures. As our 12 weeks start from the date we receive the letter then our assumption that we have already cleared one of those weeks is incorrect. I sent an email to PALS of my hospital where I have my infusion asking for advice because I had also not been contacted by my rheumatology team or my GP with any type of advice and was told to come in for bloods and treatment as usual. For myself, the NRAS chart places me in the higher category so I am an outcast in my own house holed up in my bedroom with food virtually being thrown at me from the door. Thank god for advancements in technology. Can you imagine this if it happened prior to the 90s? We would all end up killing each other due to boredom alone. In some ways, we need to appreciate what we do have. Stay well everyone.

• Edited

its so frustrating, even though i have received a letter i have had no contact from anyone! you can register as vulnerable on the gov website. yet i still cant get an online food shop through the scheme. ( i live at home alone with my 9 year old son).

i thought GP played some part as i had looked on my online service and seen notes put on that i was high risk so i presumed i would get a letter!

i think as others have said if online it says you are in the high risk as it states, self isolate for 12 weeks!

• Posted

I will have to check online but, unfortunately, due to an administrative error at my hospital, I found myself in the corridor and changing room of the Covid isolation ward. You can imagine my distress. The anxiety before was bad enough but I now play a waiting game in abject fear.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.