Lichen sclerosis

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have recently been diagnosed with this condition after having biopsies. I am using Dermovate and also have been given hydromol ointment to use as well, is there anything else I can do to stop the intense itching and tenderness experienced. Is there any foods that should be avoided as well, I will be gratefull for any help forthcoming. Regards Iris

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I realise that I have been more fortunate than most of you because up until 18 months ago I had no knowledge of this dreadful condition. At my age now though I find it hard to cope with, I have a bladder problem ( I leak a little ) 😳 So I have to wear liners which doesn't  seem to help but there is nothing else I can do about it , just hope to relieve the itch as best as I can. I have yet to see my doctor in fact I don't know who'll I see we have just locums at the moment no one who knows me personally so I'm rather loath to make an appointment. So this forum is a godsend to me at the present time.
    • Posted

I just started a new topic for discussion - regarding the pads we use for our personal hygiene.  I hope that perhaps together we can find some answers.
    • Posted

Jadani, just remember we are all in the same boat and are there to support and help eachother. You maybe fortunate to help someone someday!! Hanny32508 has very good suggestions for you and hope you feel a little better with her advice!!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.