Lichen sclerosis- awaiting biopsy results

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi there

I am 25 years of age and have been suffering with pain and itching for years. Recently after years of being told I had thrush a GP examined me and found white lesions on my vulva. I was sent for biopsies due to a suspicion of LS and possible VIN. Now I am so scared for the future and suffering with pain from my biopsy site and the white lesions. I started Clob tonight for the first time which has made it so much more painful down below.

I wonder how I will cope in the future. Any advise welcome

Thankyou

Sophie

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Metalpetal, I, too had pain and itching for years before I was diagnosed.  After finding this site and starting the baking soda baths and Borax treatment I had tremendous relief.  If you haven't already, read the thread "An Experiment with Borax".  It's a godsend.

• Posted

Hi Anna, I am going to search for that link right now and see if I can give myself some relief from this today. Thankyou very much for your advice. I am glad to hear this has brought your LS under control .
    • Posted

Hi Metalpetal,

Not only did it bring things under control, my white areas are now pink and the labia minora that I thought I'd lost, came "unfused" and has returned.

There are a lot of ladies on here who swear by steroids, but I never used them because of the side effects.  The baking soda baths (1/3 cup in a bathtub), the Borax (sodium borate) treatment, moisturizing with emu, coconut oils, etc., cotton panties, dietary changes (avoid wheat, dairy sugar, and acidic foods), and meditation all play an important role in healing.  You just need to find what works best for your body.  There are many more important tips on here.  Hanny has suggested adding several pinches of baking soda to a perineum bottle and rinsing after each time you use the bathroom.  That's a huge help too.

• Posted

Hi Anna,

just wanted to to say as well, my white areas were as white as a fridge but now are pink so things can get better x 

• Posted

Great news, Sue!!  So glad to hear another success story. :-)
    • Posted

Thankyou Anna. I am glad to hear a positive outcome for you. I am going to source these few things today and try this. I have large white lesions so I am hoping the Borax and bicarb will do the same for me as it has for you! Thanks so much for your advice and positivity it is very much appreciated.

Thankyou

Sophie

• Posted

Hi, Anna, how much biocarbonate to you put in a bath plz
    • Posted

Hi Chinney, I put 1/3 cup of baking soda (bicarbonate of soda) in a bath.
    • Posted

Sorry is that about 3 table spoons,, and do you have to wait for it to dissolve, also can I use everytime I have a bath which is daily, thank you for replying x
    • Posted

Hi Chinney, 1/3 cup is a little over 5 tablespoons.  Just drop it in the tub while the water is running.  You can swirl it around when you get in, if it's not yet dissolved.  To start, I used it every other night, while also applying the Borax solution 2 times a day. After you see improvement, you can back off on the amount of times you use it, and see how you do.  I find that I still enjoy soaking in the baking soda baths, and alternate with Borax baths (1/6 cup of Borax).  Even though I've seen major healing, I want to make sure that things stay that way.

• Posted

HI, Try not to worry you will cope , there,s lots of good advice on this site, do you think you may have put to much clob on, as you should use it sparingly,  you have symptons the same as everyone on this site, . take care x
    • Posted

Hi, I have had a good look through the site and feeling much more hopeful this morning. Going to look for this link regarding the borax and try this out today. I don't think I put too much on but I do think it's irritated the biopsy site even though the Dr told me to use it. I think I will hold off another few days until I use it again. X

• Posted

Anna said it already and I'll add a few words.  Baking soda and borax make that I keep LS nicely under control.  Read the thread Anna mentioned as soon as possible Metalpetal.  It truely is a life saver. 

• Posted

I am off to search this and have a read right now! Fingers crossed it works wonders for me too! I would love some relief from this! Thanks for your advice x
  • Posted

Hi Metalpetal,

its understandable you you are worrying, they tell us we have this so matter of fact and leave us worrying when they want to do a biopsy.  Read a lot of threads on here and you won't feel so alone and realise it's a lot more common than they lead us to believe.  I was worried about VIN as well and my biopsy came back no VIN but inconclusive, the biopsies seem to do this and just show inflammation.  Once you know it's not anything like VIN and you start your treatment you will feel a lot better.  The biopsy site will be sore and inflamed for a few days.  If you had the dissolving stitches they can take ten days or longer to dissolve.  I think mine helped by having a bath on the tenth day they seemed to have gone the next day then.  They probably have told you but be careful what you wash with and put on the wound site.  Xx

• Posted

Hi Sue,

You are so right they are so matter of fact and uncaring. I just felt so lost when they told me all of that and then ended the consultation. I feel much better now and much more positive. I am a nurse myself and my stitch was causing major irritation. I removed them yesterday and what a relief!!!! .. Had my first sodium bicarb bath and am patiently waiting and hoping for good news from biopsy results. This site has made me feel so much better and less alone.

Thankyou xxx

• Posted

Hi, sorry for been ignorant how much bicarb do you put in the bath plz , thank you x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.