Lichen sclerosis- awaiting biopsy results

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi there

I am 25 years of age and have been suffering with pain and itching for years. Recently after years of being told I had thrush a GP examined me and found white lesions on my vulva. I was sent for biopsies due to a suspicion of LS and possible VIN. Now I am so scared for the future and suffering with pain from my biopsy site and the white lesions. I started Clob tonight for the first time which has made it so much more painful down below.

I wonder how I will cope in the future. Any advise welcome

Thankyou

Sophie

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Metalpetal when I had my biopsy a few weeks ago I was told to wait a week before using Clob and the first week it was sore but it's better now

• Posted

Hi Gillian I have given up on the Clob for now. They gave me no advice really just use it twice a day and we will call you with results. They didn't even give me any after care advice about down below. This site has been a life saver in helping me figure out what to do!

I hope your site is much better now xx

• Posted

I've got a follow up appointment the end of this month and that's when I get results o hope honk they should have given more advice and had at least a follow up appointment

• Posted

Hi Gillian,

good  luck with your follow up.  I agree we need more information, it shouldn't be left for us to google  everything.  Having said that I have found great information on here about products to use.  The consultants seem to only have a few to hand they recommend.  I asked about a yearly check which I'm sure we are supposed to get but they said no,  maybe you should press for a follow up as I aren't certain sometimes what changes I should be looking for really.   I think they seem so ready to diagnose and discharge us too quickly.  X 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.