Lichen sclerosis??!! Someone please help *pictures included

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hello im in desperate need of help. I have been experiencing itching and peeling of skin on my clitoris. At first i thought it was residue from my toilet paper however i soon realized it was skin peeling. Just a week ago my clitoris was pink and healthy, now it looks raw, white, and is extremely sensitive. It is only itchy and sensitive on my clitoris and i thought id go away in a day or so but it has not. About to weeks ago i did experience a UTI however that was treated and I am currently on my period so im not sure if that is a factor. i am sexually active and dont wont this to affect my sex life or my daily life because of how uncomfortable it can be. Someone please help! is there over the counter treatment i can use? and will my clitoris ever go back to the way it was?

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

My clitoris does this when I am having a flare. Have you had a diagnosis of LS? What I do to calm the peeling and itching is take a 20 to 30 minute warm bath with 1 cup of baking soda mixed in. It helps soothe the skin.

• Posted

i have not but i plan to see a gyno asap. thank you i will try this tonight. does yours eventually go back to normal or does it always look like mine?

• Posted

The images do not show up. However you should schedule an appointment with your Gyno asap if you suspect LS. Let us know how your appointment goes! Try taking a warm bath, and dont wipe dry pat dry

• Posted

thank you , i will. im trying to reupload the image not sure why its not showing.

• Posted

• Posted

Have you been seen by a Gyn yet? Also do you have any other areas that look white?

• Posted

I can totally relate to how you must be feeling! I'm 26 and just realized i was having these issues recently, and started treatment 1 month ago. My doctor has not done a biopsy, hopefully yours will so you will know for sure.

• Posted

hello,

Ive gone to the gyno about 3 days ago. She examined it and suspected it was a yeast infection. i was prescribed fluconazole however it only took away some minor itching. My clitoris and labia do look a little healthier however now i am experiencing odor and tears from the dryness. I have continued to put coconut oil on it which relieved a lot of itching but i just want this to go away completely. my gyno said she would test a culture swab for yeast and other infections however i have not received results back. It also is painful when having sex at the beginning and after. I feel very discouraged ans uncomfortable:(

• Posted

hi! did you ever get the answers that you needed? Mine looks very similar sometimes and the skin is always thin..

• Edited

i also have the skin scarring, white skin and purple bruise. i have been referred to gyno. i am so worried. i think i might have it.

can you live a normal life with this condition?

and can you have normal sex, oral sex etc?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.