Lichen Sclerosus and periods

Posted , 5 users are following.

Sorry guys, this one is for the ladies. So I am 11 days diagnosed, on vacation, watching what I eat, bathing in baking soda, wearing cotton panties and sing homeopathic cream and think things are calmingA down itching gas gone from 10-2 , pain has gone from 12-1, and then whammy! I get my oeriod and everything goes haywire. Hard to “ blot” after I pee with all that mess, trying to wipe gently, but psin has increased and hurts again to pee! Ugh! I don’t know how people deal with this long term?! I am using organic cottom pads- too dry for tampons- any suggestions or helpful hints during this time. Not loving creaming my V 5 times a day with the Red  river happening! Help! 

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Have you tried a menstrual cup instead of pads or tampons? I was diagnosed about 3 1/2 years ago and haven't had any issues with pads or tampons until recently. I tried disposable cups (Softcup) and I didn't have any irritation like I have with pads/tampons. I just ordered a regular menstrual cup (Lena Cup) and I'm going to try that out. I was completely grossed out by the idea, but LS has made me more open-minded. smile There's a ton of different cups and they all come in various sizes. There's a website, I think it's called Put a Cup In It, that was really helpful in choosing. I've read that hormones have not been proven to be a factor in LS, but I swear that my LS changes with my hormonal changes. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.