lichen sclorosis and Lyme Disease

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi. Its ages since I last posted. Right now I am ill. I am being tested for Lyme disease. I have had lichen sclorosis and lichen planus for many years. I saw a private  consultant (for the Lyme) yesterday who told me there was a connection between Lyme and Lichen. I have since checked and there appears to be some clinical evidence that supports this(just google the connection between lichen sclorosis and lyme disease). I became ill after a tick bite on the Moors 3 years ago. However the consultant said it was likely another bite that did this from years ago that I got in the USA and whcih had laid dormant until awakened by the tick bite 3 years ago. Right now I can hardly lift my arms and things are not looking good. What does the lichen group make of the connection..and can anyone remember having a funny rash or getting bit? My brain is over cooking.

0 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

o h my lord your poor thing its not enough to have Ls but theres more i wish i could hug  you to help you feel a little bit better . hope you have some one you can talk to . i recently contacted our womens health here australia and blabbed my heart to a wonderful understanding nurse on the other end of the phone and it help me heaps and she now keeps in contact with me and found me a valva doctor to see. good luck keep us posted on how you are doing 

oxoxo

• Posted

ok, well first thing is don't stress yet as it tends to make things worse. A good vulval doctor will be on the look out for all sorts of things. Best advise I can give is do not use soap and wear knickers that are over large and cotton..this does not mean granny..it just means thongs for a size 16 on a size 10 person..and stick to cotton and nylon creates too much heat. Do not rub or scratch....and that is a hard one to achieve....I used manuka on lesions...it seemed to heal them faster but it can cause thrush,  As for me I have found an interesting Doctor (private) who has some idea on Lyme..she is eighty years ole and shows up all the rest with her brain..she is also a bit of an activist on things like this which shows me up..I shall have to catch up with her..I am having a bad time..this thing has hit my arms and forearms..it has not hit my fingers. It would seem Germany is the place to be..but maybe not for me as the 1st bite I received was in the USA from a spider..current opinion seems to think the more recent tick bite in the UK activated this So the strain belongs to the USA so more testing belongs there....how can anyone be sure?..best words for today are..'lost in space somewhere' perhaps I will touch down romorrow
  • Posted

hi sky

i'm really sorry. i've heard of this too. I hope its ok to talk about theories....but i'm getting the impression that this connection lymes fibro LS etc...seems to be associated with over vigourous medical treatments and chemicals. basically lymes is the reaction to a tick bite but its something the body could throw off...except we have so knocked out our immune systems that the body can't adjust...whilst overwhelmed with these chemicals ..but IT COULD once again if relieved of all the poisoning. i know that sounds like the words of a simpleton but i trained as a nurse and i've seen so many things go on that i don't condone and so much good benefit from way more gentle and natural methodologies.

i think the person who noticed that their sanitary towel was causing them a problem was very astute...i 'm wondering if its actually ALL the chemicals surrounding us and if we're in a toxic world that we need to do something about?

hopefully younger people will come forward as i've certainly done my 'friends of the earth' bit ... i greatly appreciate that organisation and all the others out there but at the mo i'm trying to address root causes and i have a theory..i hope this helps ...that we're suppressing our immune systems when in fact we need to support our body's immune activity...which is not the same as over-activating it. so de-toxing yes ...but gently. everything focused towards chemical removal ie supporting the digestive system, the liver and kidneys and going quietly and systematically through the normal functions of helping the body to clear itself.

eg infa red saunas, sweating....those sorts of things...hot and cold showers alternating...eek i know i'm a wimp too!!  I have heard of a particular methodology but don't know if it would be advertising to mention it...but its a pretty sensible sounding method..just have to be given time. conventional doctors are catching up with the concept of de-toxing but seem to be going about it with too much vigour and too directed...the body is random and likes to decide what to remove...

i can pass on anymore via private messages. liz

• Posted

Hi Liz. I am racing here to say the least. I need to talk to a microbiologist and fast. I am in be..muscle movement is now limited. Mind the morphine patch is keeping some pain away. I am hunting. Dermovate can cause Anaerobic Gram Negative Bacilli. It has cause this in me 3 times. Last time I had it I was prescribed Flagyl and after that got thrush in the vagina and mouth. Now the tick left the tick head in my arm. We were unable to get all if not any out. Right now due to being/feeling very sick when I move, plus the muscle pain I cannot deny Lyme..but..I have just been reseaching anaerobic bacteria and it does attack muscles and soft tissue.....there is some evidence in rather dense clinical research that this type of bacteria can move through the body. I now have to ask my Doctor who is calling at 5pm on this possibility. I think this is very urgent now..am in in trouble or what..Much more and its a 999 call..
    • Posted

actually perhaps that s what you should do...

if this is a recent bite the poison needs to be contained and extracted locally. in the meantime....drink as much filtered water as you can get down you...but you say someone is coming at 5pm.....message them as to where and leave the key hidden for them... and go to bed with a hot ginger tea

• Posted

Thanks Hon..will message after I find out what on earth this is..now just had colic attack which has now eased. No the bite was 3 years ago..lot of skin symptoms, liver syptoms and rashes...but..was also bitten by a spider many years ago and that could have done this as the venom went into the blood...that is prior to getting lichen sclorosis and thyroid disease...
    • Posted

well who knows...it could all be connected.. so hope you can stay calm and soothe your poor adrenals!! it will surely ease and you'll be able to reduce  stress and worry and find a pathway which is soothing for you...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.