Lies on pip assessment report

Posted , 7 users are following.

I've just received a copy of my report from my assessment for pip and to say I'm angry would be an understatement, I'm furious,the lady who did my assessment has lied on my report,she hasn't taken into account many things that were said, she's lied about my conditions,the whole report from start to finish is full of lies and atrocious grammar.Seemingly they have a report for me from a doctor from 2016???? I have a new doctor so why haven't they contacted them? If this looks a bit all over please excuse me but I am LIVID,how can these people lie like they do,it only causes more problems for everyone,has anyone else had this problem with ATOS and if so how do I go about getting it rectified?

1 like, 83 replies

83 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Kai,

This happens a lot unfortunately. Have you added up the points in the report? There should be boxes with dots somewhere in there, you need to add them up. You can do this by using the PIP descriptors or the PIP self test. Both can be found by using google. Links can't be posted here.

If the points don't add up to enough for an award then the next step for you is the Mandatory Reconsideration (MR) but you need to wait for the decision letter to be able to ask for this. You'll need to put the request in a letter stating what you don't agree with and where you think you should have scored those points. Only 20% of MRs are successful so you'll most likely have to take it to Tribunal but it's MR route first.

You can also put a complaint in to the assessment providers about the lies in the report. You most likely won't get very far with this and they probably won't do anything but the more people that complain maybe one day they'll actually do something about it. Lots do complain but nothing ever comes of the complaint.

You say they contacted a GP from 2016? Did you put the name of this GP on the form that you filled in? If you did then this will be the reason why they contacted him/her. Even if they had contacted the GP you see now then the info given could well have been the same. They usually refer back to your medical note when writing letters as i'm sure a GP can't remember each individual person they see.

Did you send in evidence to support your claim? I know you said they contacted a GP but you would have needed to send in evidence as well?

• Posted

Hi Denise think reconsideration is a waste off time still waiting for a tribunal date been waiting since end of Nov they said I was fit for work when I still have sick notes so they put me on jsa but that stops next week so how do I try and claim cos I am not fit for work
    • Posted

Hi,

Yes it is a waste of time but you can't take it to Tribunal without first asking for the MR.

As for your ESA i've tried explaining this to you before. As you're now waiting for a Tribunal date you should now be back to assessment rate of ESA. Why are you still claiming JSA? Is it because you're claiming Contribution based and your time has run out? I also thought you said you were claiming Universal credit? Are you claiming UC for your rent? sorry Ginger but i'm confused.

• Posted

Told you before denise stopped my esa after I had seen their so called quack who said I am fit for work also said I did the mandatory reconsideration in Nov but still waiting for tribunal date iall get is jsa so I could claim some money don't get uc ;esa or any other money off them even tho I have had 2 tia;s their not intrested

• Posted

Denise I am not trying to confuse you they stopped my esa Sep 2017 but the doc says I am not fit for work but the dwp will not listen they say I am
    • Posted

I know you're waiting for your Tribunal for ESA BUT as i told you before you should have gone back onto assessment rate for ESA once the Tribunal accepted your appeal. My question is why are you still on JSA? To go back onto assessment rate for ESA you need to ring DWP and tell them you're waiting for your Tribunal hearing and would like to go back onto assessment rate. You will need your reference number from the Tribunal to be able to do this.

I remember in a previous post that you stated you were now claiming UC and that's why i was confused. Unfortunately it doesn't matter if a GP thinks you're not fit for work, a DWP or Tribunal can over rule this. Hopefully the Tribunal decision will go in your favour. Can i just ask is it contribution based or Income related that you're claiming? In other words do you live with a partner that works?

• Posted

Yes I moved in with my partner after my stroke so she could look after me I have done every thing you have said but never put me back on esa can't claim uc because off my savings told them 3 q

Quarters was my tax bill also bought automatic car so my savings is below 5000 now every time I ring they don't help I have to go to job centre mon to show my accounts paid nearly 7000 tax bill they reckon I am not entitled to any money

• Posted

Ok i'm beginning to understand a little more now i think. If your partner works and you're claiming Contribution based benefits then your ESA will only be paid for 365 days unless you're placed in the Support Group. If placed in this group it's paid for as long as you're in that group.

Contribution based JSA is only paid for 26 weeks (6 months) it sounds like your CB JSA is coming near to the end of those 6 months and because your ESA was most likely also paid for 365 days you won't be entitled to any CB benefits.

IF your partner doesn't work and you prove that spending that money hasn't deprived yourself of savings/capital in order to claim Income based benefits then you will be able to claim Income related ESA assessment rate. If DWP decide you deprived yourself of those savings to claim benefits then you'll be classed as still having the money and will be refused the benefits. Hope this helps.

• Posted

Hi Denise, I've researched how to complain and do the MR,as for the doctor they contacted I hadn't put their name on my form.

I put in a claim for pip in 2016 but it was messed up by a mixture of errors on my part AND the DWP,my claim for pip this time was requested this year,I have a new doctor who has my full medical history which would completely contradict what the assessor has put in my form,as for adding up the points there's none to add up 😕,the lady said I could crouch which was a complete lie because she told me to stay in the chair because I was in pain,that's just one of the lies,it really has got my blood boiling.

I researched the name of the so called Health Care professional and was shocked to see that the person who I found looked nothing like the lady I saw, and I did my research thoroughly,it does make you wonder how much of ATOS is actually false.

Thank you for your advice Denise, I'll take it all on board, I've actually downloaded the 40page file on how to complain to ATOS properly and have also got a template of a letter to use to help with my MR,I know I'll not be successful at the MR,(then again if they contact my current doctor they may see that for themselves that the assessor lied!)so I'll go to the tribunal,it's so so infuriating to be made out to be a liar by someone who saw me for twenty mins,(that's another thing,she said the assessment started at 10:38,but she actually started the assessment at 10:50)so more lies,it makes you wonder if there really is a secret agenda in play!

Ps.i will definitely be making the complaints to ATOS,even if it takes many attempts to get it taken properly,they need to be held accountable for the actions and lies by their employees!!

• Posted

Hi,

You're welcome. To be honest i wouldn't wait for the decision to see your G about medical evidence because there won't be enough of time to wait around. The decision letter can take a week to get to you from the time it's sent because mail going from DWP has to go through a mail sorting process too. See your GP ASAP and ask for as much evidence as possible. You only have 1 month from the date of the decision. When you write the MP letter keep it straight to the point and don't waste time writing about all the lies that's been told. You want the next decision maker to actually read that letter rather than read a paragraph, stamp it with the same decision as the first time.

I'll be honest because you had zero points then it's going to be hard to gain those needed 8 points at MR stage. Make sure you appear in person at your Tribunal because 70% of those that do have a decision in their favour. Tribunal rarely contact anyone for evidence either. The worst part of all of this is the waiting times. Some areas there's a whole year backlog for Tribunal hearings.

Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks for the great advice again Denise, I'm going to see my doctor tomorrow for another issue so will ask for evidence to provide to the DWP,can you please give me a bit more advice as to what it is I should actually ask the doctor for please? This is all new to me,so all and any help would be greatly appreciated

• Posted

No problem,

Sorry i didn't see you question. This thread is getting rather long as sometimes when i click on it the message doesn't show.

You say you're seeing your GP for another issue? If you're planning on adding this to your PIP MR and it wasn't either mentioned on the original form or at the assessment (and it mentions the symptoms in the report) then i'm afraid you won't be able to add it to the MR evidence you send. They can only take into consideration what was stated at the start or at assessment. Anything new won't be used and that will be the same for Tribunal too.

The evidence you need is how your conditions affect you daily. Anything really that proves which descriptors apply to you. It's great to say that you can do this or that and you can't go to x because of y (if you know what i mean) they will not take your word for it, they need evidence. You can also ask someone that knows you well to write you a letter or write a diary yourself. Add this to what ever evidence your GP has.

Do you see any Consultants? have you had any hospital appointments in the past? When i attend any appointments the Consultant or who ever i see will CC the letter in to me as well as my GP. I then keep all of the letters i have to use for evidence for future reviews of both my PIP and ESA. If you don't have anything then ask your GP if they have any that you can have a copy of. There maybe a charge for this. Some GPs can charge as much as £50 for this, less i'm sure if it's a letter they write. Some GPs will refuse to write letters as evidence. DWP very rarely contact anyone for evidence so getting it yourself is an absolute must!

• Posted

Again thanks Denise, I'm in the process now of doing my MR,all your advice has been taken on board and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

• Posted

Well am over 2 hours 2 get 2 assessment centre just there.my date was for 18th April they said they would get me a taxi there and back plus taxi 2 wait for me sent in evidence telling them I can't travel that far.so today got phone call from them telling me they can't get taxi firm to do it.so now they said am getting a home visit on monday from a doctor. Which am glad but my doctor who wad doing me a letter said he will have it 4 18th but had 2 phone them today saying it is now monday so doc briefly wrote some of my illnesses down as he was busy all day understandably coz he was off on monday.so have some supporting letters but main 1 was my doctors. Although am glad it's now a home visit but not all illnesses r put down so will have to explain it to esa doctor.it is short notice 2 contact my own doc 4 further evidence.this is all because I have applied for pip coz my dla is ending this year and I have 2 go on pip assessment.

• Posted

Hi the way I'm reading it they have used a medical report that they already had from 2016, is this because you hadn't sent in any other medical information to support your claim. DWP very rarely contact medical professional to ask for reports/reasons to support your claim so that's why I advise everyone to gather as much as they can and copy it to DWP with your forms at onset, sent vie registered post so you have proof of postage and receipt, recorded delivery sadly only proves proof of posting

• Posted

Hi

Important Note About the Signed For Service

About "Signed For" at the post office.  When you send something via the Signed For service you are given a tracking code on the receipt and if you go online and put the tracking code at the following site it will show you the date and time of your delivery to the destination postal address it even shows you the signature and the name of the person who received the item.  

If you send anything to the DWP you can phone up the relevant dept and give them the tracking code and they can see when it arrives at Wolverhampton

I always advise claimants to send anything and everything via "Signed For" for the above reasons.

Link to Post Office Track and Trace...

https://www.royalmail.com/track-your-item#/

Hope the above info helps.

• Posted

I hadn't sent them the report in 2016,so they must've requested it themselves,but considering this is a completely different claim I'd have thought they'd have contacted my current doctor,I get what you are saying, I'll be definitely gathering all my evidence and sending it recorded delivery because I think the way they've been working is scandalous.

Ps.do u know if I can send in photocopied evidence or does it have to be the original letters etc?

• Posted

Hi thanks for taking the time to acknowledge my reply, as I said they rarely contact any of your medical team,they expect you to do all the footwork for yourself, you can send in copies, I did but was asked for originals at my F2F which i presume they were checking to make sure they were genuine.

Registered not recorded as I said registered gets a signature to prove receipt of your forms/evidence.

You can get copies of any evidence from your GP ask for the practice secretary they sort those things and will sometimes charge £10 but if it gets you your benefits sorted then that's a well spent amount, try not to get to upset as then you don't focus as well

• Posted

Thanks for the great advice,and you're right, there's no point in getting upset as it is what it is and getting in a state isn't going to change it(gotta say it is hard to keep calm!)

As soon as I get the letter stating I've been refused pip I shall go to my doctors and request the information needed and send it registered,like you said if it helps me get a positive response then it's worth it.

Again many thanks for the reply and helpful advice,have a great day AlexandridGizmo 👍

• Posted

Exactly, change the things you can and except the things you can't, but go down fighting LOL you don't know you have definitely been refused it yet, I would definitely inform them they are going to be basing their decision on out of date information before they do it

• Posted

Oh I do know I've definitely been refused because I rang up n asked if a decision had been made,n I gotta say the Irish lady on the other end of the phone couldn't have been nicer telling me I'd not been successful,she even went out her way to tell me how to complain to ATOS! So I'm just waiting for the brown envelope to come then I can start the MR! Like you said I'm not gonna go down without a fight that's for sure.

Is this the way ATOS treat people most of the time?

• Posted

There are good assessment providers out there but we don't often hear about them. If someone has an award they're happy with then they have no questions to ask, therefore we don't hear about them. There's people that have posted here that have had truthful reports and decisions in their favour. I've never had a bad report for PIP or ESA.

You can start the MR letter now, but you't can't request it until the letter arrives. My advice is don't hang around, the sooner you start that letter and ask your GP for the evidence, the better. Good luck.

• Posted

I had an excellent assesment with a very straightforward lady who was a medical practitioner, I was awarded both at high rate and will be reassessed November which is my 2 year mark so will see what happens then, I wish you all the best and hope it goes in your favoure, can you not put your MR in now if you definitely know you haven't been awarded the pip

• Posted

Unfortunately you have to wait for the decision letter to be able to start the MR process off. They will not accept the request if you do.
    • Posted

That's a bummer isn't it, is MR done on a special form that they send you or just a letter to the DWP, having never done one, hopefully want have to, I have no Idea, also can I find a form to look at online showing the reassessment guidelines

• Posted

Hi I just checked and it's called registered post as well, it tracks it all the way so you know it's arrived and who signed for it, your biggest issue is if it's signed for in the recieving department of DWP and it actually could get lost finding its way to the relevant personel, doesn't matter other than the time scale because you know it's arrived

• Posted

Yes it's very annoying. It can be done through just a letter. However DWP have very recently introduced a MR form that can be downloaded and printed from the internet. To be honest, i'd rather just stick to the letter personally. I've never gone through an MR or Tribunal either.

The re-assessment for PIP is exactly the same as any other assessment. The only difference is the form is much shorter. It's called the AR1 form, i think there could be samples on the internet for you to look at, just google it. It's multiple choice questions going through the usually descriptors. Choices are got better, stayed the same, or got worse. My advice to you when filling out that form is to add as much info as much info as possible. The reason they advice this is because only 47% of those that are review go on to have a decision in their favour. That figure is ridiculous but very true.

• Posted

I am already amassing all the evidence now, have luckily just had appointments with rheumatologist and gastroenterologist and they have cc'd me in and have appointments with orthopaedics next month, just had eyes tested and it seems I need them looking at at the hospital now, never ends does it

• Posted

The next post will maybe go into moderation because it's a link to the AR1 form sample,

• Posted

Yes, it's a never ending process. The good thing about it is that your PIP knowledge is very good. I don't care what anyone says and i think we both agreed about this some months ago, it does help to have some knowledge on the whole process and what the PIP descriptors are all about. There's so many people out there that don't understand PIP. I'm not saying it's a done deal if your knowledge is better, far from it but it certainly helps.

When the time comes, if you want to know anything you know where i am.

• Posted

Trust me after reading the AR1 form I will be asking loads, just read through it and it's pretty complicated LOL nothing straight forward about DWP at all, give me DLA anyday

• Posted

I actually found that fairly straight forward. The only part that had me thinking was how to work the mobility "walking around" part because for me that was the only thing that had got worse. I filled the form in by myself, added all my evidence and sent it off lol.

I did have another assessment but it lasted 10 minutes and my mobility award increase with daily living staying the same.

You know me, i'm always happy to help anyone. Shout if you need help and the PM option is always available for you too.

• Posted

that was meant to say "word the mobility part" and not work. Annoys me all the time that we can't edit our posts!

• Posted

I am going to print it off and have a look then, it is weird reading it on my phone as it shows only part of the question at a time, going to get other half to put heating on, can't type any more as I'm freezing LOL he's gone mad and ordered Chinese, our monthly treat

• Posted

I don't see what the problem would be too let us edit the text I sometimes write things and I reread it and it can sound awful

• Posted

LOL yes, i read through mine sometimes too and the errors are quite funny. Then sometimes i forget to read before pressing enter and read it afterwards....even funnier.

Oh chinese is my favourite takeaway! Enjoy.

• Posted

Absolutely stuffed and would love to go bed but just a bit tooo early, then I go bed and awake all night LOL
    • Posted

Thanks for the heads up, Alexandria said about the signed for way of posting but the info n link you've given me also helps, I'll look up the link now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.