Lifting up baby after a prolapse surgery, any advice please?

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi ladies,

It's my first time posting here. I'll try keep my story short here.

I am 28 years old, had a vaginal delivery to my first baby 7 months ago. I had a tear on my perineal body which wasn't stitched up properly. So I ended up having a wide  open vagina and it wouldn't even close up when I squeeze it. It was very distressing for me and of course my husband, so we decided to fix it and have a C-section for the next baby.

However, at the consultation I was diagnosed with 2nd degree back wall prolapse. And the surgeon suggested to fix it at the same time (his reason was it would support the perineal body better), which I did, and it solved my terrible lower abdonimal and back pain from day 1. ( I even had no idea what caused it previously)

Now I am 19 days op, everything has been going really well. But I am very stressed about lifting my 7 months old baby even after 6 weeks' recovery. The surgeon has advised me it is not recommended to lift anything over 10kg with 12 weeks, and he 10kgs

Has anyone here had similar experience or some advice about this? I know it might sound very foolish to you that I decided to have a prolapse surgery before even I complete my family. But I am really glad I had it, esp now my vagina can actually close again. I just couldn't move on with my life feeling it open everyday.

Thank you everyone!

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

ladies on this thread i dont know if you can help me. im 2 weeks 3 days post bladder and bowel prolapse op and wondering if recover is normal. i cant find anything on the web for what things should feel/look like down there. all my stitches are internal but when you look there are lits of lumps in my vagina. are these the stitches swelling or is something wrong?? im so worried and unsure. i expected smooth stitches. i have no idea if im doing ok

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.