light headed

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all.

After my down day the other day I have started to pick up again until my next period is due!! It's feels good to have some better days in between cycles. However I am sick of feeling light/fuzzy headed. I feel as if I'm in dream state sometimes but awake if you get my meaning. It is like you have a cloud in your head.

Is this connected to the hrt or anxiety or the combination of meds I'm on?

Does anyone else feel this way?

Just need some reassurance from you helpful people.

Thanks.

Helen. x

1 like, 36 replies

36 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Yes I often feel like this, not all the time but there seems to be a cycle to it which is why I feel sure it must be connected to hormones. My muscles in neck and jaw also get really tight some days and then will ease off for a little while only to return with a vengeance. I'm having a really difficult few days at the moment, headache, jaw pain, stiff neck, fuzzy head, a bit off balance. 10 days ago a was having a good period. Not 100% but still much improved. It's all very weird and frustrating. Xxx
    • Posted

Hi Mooma28.

Thanks for the quick reply. It is so frustrating isn't it? I too today have a very stiff neck and jaw ache. I have to wear a gum shield at night to help. You say a bit off balance too. Yeah same here. Get up and feel woozy. I keep thinking that I have something wrong like a tumour! I know this is silly thinking but I have anxiety anyway and always fear the worst.

I hope you feel better soon. We will get through this time in our lives.

Hugs. Helen. x

• Posted

That's really interesting that you have the same neck, jaw thing. I felt like I was the only one! The dentist fitted me with a mouth guard too but it makes no difference at all. No one seems to know what it is and ive had every test going. They've now put an anxiety label on it which means that whoever I see anyone they go, ah yes anxiety related. Never had anxiety before in my life. Always been a calm, coping person. Hoping it will calm down once all the hormonal stuff stops. I'm 50 now and periods have stopped since last June. Love and hugs, I know how rubbish it makes you feel and you can't get that across to people who havnt had it. My mum keeps saying, just give it a little rub and take a paracetamol! Really? Honestly, I have actually tried that. Lol. I'm sure people think I'm making a mountain out of a molehill but I'm not the sort to sit around and let other people do stuff, I'm a doer. Have any tests they offer you, just to put your mind at rest but your instinct is invaluable. Women are pretty good at intuition. Xx
    • Posted

I had that clenching teeth, jaw-ache, neck like rocks thing too, when all my symptoms suddenly started, with no warning! Also body tremors, like I was in shock. 6 months on it has subsided some, but with other symptoms taking their place!
    • Posted

Yes I have the same and the dizzyness makes me feel sick!!!  I too have a nagging that there is something more serious but put that down to anxiety!! It is such a difficult time for those going through this.  Even tho I am in menopause I think I am still cyclical and it gets worse every 3/4/weeks so at least I can look out for it!!!.  Hugs to us all.XXX
    • Posted

Oh yes body tremours and feeling cold and sick!!!!  I thought I was having some kind of fit the first time it happened!!!!XX
    • Posted

Yes I get this too, dentist said it was TMJ (Google it) and I aslo got a mouth guard which didn't help. It comes and goes, as do the strange 

headache/ woozy feelings. Not much fun, good to know I am not alone, I've always thought it was down to my hormones but others would not have it!

• Posted

Hi Ruth, Ye s TMJ is was they thought it was but went privately to see s consultant who said there isn't any problem with the jaw and said its anxiety and to exercise, maybe bike riding! Has he ever tried riding a bike with a dizzy head? What a joke. What I want to know is what's caused the anxiety, my life is fairly relaxed, no more stresses than anyone else. . I have loads of tight muscles which I think is causing the dizziness but no idea what's causing the tight muscles!
    • Posted

I feel exactly the same mooma28. Tight muscles etc but not knowing what's causing the anxiety!!
  • Posted

Hi Helen

I thought I was the only one!

I'm not on hrt or meds but have felt this way for 4 months. 

I guess just a result of the anxiety & hormonal/chemical changes?

At least there's hope, symptoms do improve I'm told. Hope you feel better soon. We will all come through this stronger xx

• Posted

Hi brimbo67

Sometimes we do feel like we are the only ones going through these things don't we? But it's forums like this that help you keep your sanity.

Thanks for your reply. Let's keep plodding on knowing, as you say, we will all come through this stronger.

Helen. x

• Posted

I constantly feel like that dr said was de realization from anxiety it's hard to know what's causinv what 🙈
    • Posted

I agree. When you are on meds it's hard to know which one causes what side effect! On top of that are our hormones and anxiety to cope with. Us ladies have to cope with a lot!!

Helen. x

• Posted

I take medication too and yes difficult to separate one thing from another xx
  • Posted

I find this can be a viscious circle. The anxiety causes the weird head feeling, which makes you anxious again! Hard to break the cycle if meno is causing the anxiety. Frustration!! Is there something we can take to get rid of the anxiety??
    • Posted

I know exactly what you mean. Th Dr tells me it's anxiety, but the only thing that's making me anxious is the pain in my head and fuzziness etc. so frustrating. On good days I just get on with it so why doesn't it continue to get better. One day can be feeling much better and getting on with life then wham, next day it's back, no rhyme or reason! 
    • Posted

Oh my god that's exactly it I've tried and tried to explain that the anxiety comes from the physical symptoms And I'm sure if they were under control id feel allot better my headaches are bad and I feel so ill and dizzy sad
    • Posted

Oh the vicious circle. Like a treadmill that you can't get off!

There must be things out there for anxiety but probably more medication! Diazepam etc. This will make us more woozy. I'm waiting for an appointment for CBT for the second time. I don't think it works long term but just for a short while. But hey ho I will give it another go.

I hope someone finds the miracle cure soon.

Helen.

• Posted

I think for some of us it's worse because we hit peri/meno with some degree of adrenal burnout. Double whammy! I have a friend abroad, who had that same scenario and was very ill, almost identical to myself, but she's come through it. She still gets exhaustion etc, but she does have a life, so there is a light at the end of the tunnel xx
    • Posted

I totally understand what you mean. I really think the hormones are causing the anxiety which in turn causes the tight muscles and hence the headaches and dizziness. If I didn't have this I would be absolutely fine and getting on with life. On good days I have glimpses of that and then I'm back to square one. I just have to keep telling myself that it will pass and cope as best I can. I've had all the tests and everything is fine , nothing serious lurking so I try to talk to myself and get on. V difficult at times but it's the only option. The Dr has mentioned HRT but that's a last resort for me. Don't want to mess up the hormones even further. Xxx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.