light headed

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi all.

After my down day the other day I have started to pick up again until my next period is due!! It's feels good to have some better days in between cycles. However I am sick of feeling light/fuzzy headed. I feel as if I'm in dream state sometimes but awake if you get my meaning. It is like you have a cloud in your head.

Is this connected to the hrt or anxiety or the combination of meds I'm on?

Does anyone else feel this way?

Just need some reassurance from you helpful people.

Thanks.

Helen. x

1 like, 36 replies

36 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

I can't take meds I'm too sensative so I'm struggling with all these symptoms with not much relief I'm trying counseling & accupuncture and only recently discovered it could be peri as I'm only 32 but mum & nan had early menopause and issues so timing seems right and out of all the symptoms I found im having at least 30 of them 🙈 I'm at my wits end. Can anyone help in how I push for a diagnosis ?
    • Posted

I'm on no meds either. even a low dose of St John's Wort had a terrible effect on me. I pray.... a lot. My husband is the best. My kids are wonderful, so I'm very blessed with that. Drs should check your levels as early menopause runs in your family. I guess you've got to keep bugging them, something I'm not good at myself though! I guess it's worse for those of us who have anxiety issues in the past.... even in the very distant past, & been brilliant for years!! hope you get the help you need. lots of love xx
    • Posted

Be persistent. Find a good doctor that knows about menopause. I did this and even though my blood tests came back "normal" my doctor agreed that I was peri. This was because of a long list of symptoms. I am 46 but am convinced that I have been in peri for many years!

Keep nagging those doctors hun.

Helen.

• Posted

You could ask to be referred to a gyne consultant.  That's what I have done for help with treatment?  The GP's are useless in my experience.  I am already diagnosed as in the meno but need advice with how to deal with this.  Give this some thought.XXX
    • Posted

Oops sorry just noticed that wasn't for me.
  • Posted

Helen,

It's funny that you ladies are all describing the last couple of days for me. Tingling feelings, feeling cold when it's 80 degrees at my desk at work, my neck aching, fuzzy head. I feel fine when I get up for the most part and it slowly goes downhill and I leave work so tired. I push through it but it's annoying. I'm starting to notice certain symptoms come at certain times. This week I believe I'm ovulating and because I'm 52 I imagine it's the reduced estrogen making me feel this way. What is up with the neck aches though? So weird, I feel like my neck must be out of whack! I cherish the good days (when I have them), wish there were more of them.  This forum helps so much in reducing my anxieties, at least I know I'm not alone. Have a good day ladies!

• Posted

Hi Nancy.

You certainly aren't alone hun. Like you say this forum helps. It's got to be hormones hasn't it, mixed with the anxiety that comes on from the symptoms. I know what you mean about tiredness too. I could sleep for a hundred years and still be tired.

Always here to talk hun.

Helen.

• Posted

I am so relieved to hear of other people feeling like I do. It feels so lonely sometimes being like this. I too feel cold. I've never been a cold person , 4 tog quilt all winter, but now, 12 tog quilt and pjs. I sit by the fire and still im cold. Not thyroid, had that checked along with hundreds of other things. And my neck, awful, but not all the time, it gets better and worse from time to time along with the jaw pain and stiffness. Some days I feel so tired I just want to crawl into bed, but others feel full of beans... What a joy all this is! No one can find anything wrong so assuming it's got to be hormones. No period since last June so can't link anything in to that, it's all hit and miss, never know what sort of a day I will wake up to. Xxx
  • Posted

Hello Ladies,

Wow! I just read all of your postings, only one thing missing for me, have allllll your symptoms, eyes.... blurry like you cannot see clear, cloudy, hazy...then it will clear up???  Some days I will need glasses others not at all, except on computer or reading, anything I need to do up close, but I am talking about trying to focus on a person's face or driving....weird!!!  But yes jaw ache, sometimes locks, neck pain, dizzy, fuzzy head, out of body feeling!!! floaty feeling, just completely uncomfortable.  I am taking anxiety meds, HRT, and well past menopause (no period in years) I am 58, yet as we all now know postponing the full menopause symptoms when and IF I have to stop taking it, hell enough on them, worse without them FOR ME.   oK well, Thank you for all making me feel a bit saner today, will check back in again to be sure!!! God Bless Us All....Loretta

• Posted

I have just been walking round the house saying I can't see properly it's blurry and like shadows across my eyes so uncomfortable !! Get this most days sad
    • Posted

Not sure if it is related but I can't wear my contacts anymore. All blurred no matter what prescription I get.  Glasses seem ok.  My sight has deteriorated significantly in the last 6 months and the optician told me my eyes are quite dry.  Also the skin on my eyelids is inflamed!!!!!  Honestly what we are all going through is unbelievable.....we will make it though.!!!XXXX
    • Posted

Hi Loretta.

Yes I get blurry vision too but mainly in my one eye. I'm due for my eye test tomorrow so will see if they notice anything. I definitely feel as if my eyes have deteriorated lately.

Helen.

• Posted

Yes I get the blurry vision thing too. Worse some days than others. It's all very odd. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.