Light headed and dizzy around ovulation

Posted , 32 users are following.

Hello ladies

I hope you’re all having a good weekend, and the peri/meno symptoms are being kind.

I have a quick question. Do any of you experience light headed ness or dizzy spells around the time you should be ovulating?

I’ve been terrifically light headed today and a couple of times had to lay down because I was almost spinning. I’ve had this before and it was around ovulation then too but nowhere near as bad today.  Finding this rather alarming if I’m honest.

Thanks in advance for any replies/thoughts.

Dazed x

3 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Next
  • Edited

Hi there , yes , I have experienced some of that but not to often . Every  few months or so I get it . I find eating more vitamin A foods during that time help a lot and extra fluids . :-)  hope your feeling better soon , I know it’s a rough go going through this hormonal change . 

Best wishes and stay strong ! We’re all in this together .

Hugs from Canada 

• Posted

Thanks Tawana for taking the time to reply, and thanks for the tips - I will up my vit A intake and drink more water! I’m not very good at keeping hydrated so that could be making it worse for me.

Thanks also for your kind words of support. Don’t wish this on anyone but nice to know not completely alone on this road.

Lucky you being in Canada - beautiful country.

Hugs from England x

• Edited

Hi,

It’s been one of my worst symptoms.  I had it about 5 years ago.  Then didn’t have for ages but it’s started again recently.  It’s vile so I know exactly what you mean.  I have tablets for Vertigo which do help.  It’s very distressing and I’m praying it will go.

Deb x

• Edited

Hi Deb,

Sorry to hear you’re struggling with this too, and to have it back after 5 years must be so disheartening. I hope it passes quickly for you and a more settled time is on the horizon. Good to hear that you have some meds that help.

Thanks for replying, I appreciate you taking the time as I know it can take some effort especially if you’re feeling rough with this hormonal vileness.

Take care 

Dazed x

• Posted

You’re welcome ! Think I might try increasing my water intake after reading the other reply.  Hope we both soon feel better x
  • Edited

Hi, Dazed,

I’m sorry you’re going through this. Yes, I also get these dizzy spells intermittently. I’m not sure if they are actually tied to my ovulation because my cycles have been all over the place in peri.  I do have some weeks where I get terrible vertigo.   Other times it’s just a lightheaded feeling that will come on all of a sudden.  It’s very frustrating.  It makes me nervous when I’m doing things like driving or when I’m grocery shopping.  I do think it’s hormonally related for certain, as I usually get several other peri symptoms that accompany the dizziness (if not at that exact moment, usually within the same day or two)—hot flashes, anxiety, feeling like crying all of a sudden, shakiness, headache, sore muscles and the list goes on and on.  When I do get thee dizzy spells, I use an over the counter topical oil for vertigo that I dab behind my ears.  Sometimes I find that a small ice bag on the back of my neck helps too. I also sip hot green tea. That seems to help a bit.

I hope you are feeling better soon!  Please keep me posted on how you’re doing. You’re not alone in this!  Big hugs—Sarah

• Posted

Hi Sarah

Thanks for replying - you’ve described me to a tee at the moment! Like you I’m finding it very frustrating. Thanks too for the tips - I will give them a go. Another lady on here suggested upping my fluids and I have noticed an improvement. Think I’ll give green tea a go as I’ve read it’s supposed to be good for us.

I hope you feel better soon too - it’s so great that we have each other for support on this forum. Think I would have lost the plot a long time ago if I hadn’t found it.

Take care,

Dazed x

• Edited

Dizziness has been my worst symptom! I have tracked it for years and when I still had a period it definitely coincided with my cycle. Even when they started to slow down I would still get the dizziness every month like clockwork! Now that I am almost 3 years without a period there has been no specific pattern but I feel that it is because my hormones have been all over the place and gradually declining or adjusting. It still is disconcerting , annoying, and scary at times. I just had an episode and it lasted for 3 days... just this constant feeling of being off balance and it makes me fuzzy headed and tired, too. I am also sensitive to movement at times, too...like if I look a certain way while on computer or turn head too quickly, that can make me dizzy for a few seconds, but that may be just cuz I'm getting older 😆

• Edited

Hey Suzanne

Maddening isn’t it! 

The light headed off balanced feeling is so unpleasant I think it’s the symptom I dislike the most. That and feeling stupid tired all the time. I think you’re absolutely right, it’s hormones all over the place. A lack of balance causing a lack of balance. Oh the fun we have eh. And yes it maybe just that we’re also getting on a bit too haha!

Let’s hope this sorts itself out soon and we get back to a more stable  and steady time of it. I for one can’t bloomin wait!

Thanks for replying, really can’t say just how much I appreciate all the time  ladies on here take to help others. 

Take care,

Dazed x

• Edited

I googled this symptom and this discussion showed up. I recently started feeling this vertigo, off balance type of symptom, been having it for like 3 weeks, have no clue what it could be, but apparently it seems common? I'm only 26 so I dont know.

• Edited

i have dizzyness during ovulation, its like my head is stuffy and i feel like i cant concentrate plus i get lower back ache and more frequent bowel movements. i had this for a while around 7 years ago then it passed and now ive got it again but i think im starting to kearn more and deal with it better. i usually feel worse in the mornings (empty stomache) and feel better as the day goes on (as i eat more). i think during this time my salt levels drop so taking a diorralyte in the morning for a couple of mornings during ovulation seems to have helped me. i have also recently found out i have a uterine polyp too so whether or not i feel different after i have it removed msy also help which i'll update as and when (nhs).

• Edited

Any update after removing your polyp?

I'm going through bouts of vertigo also for three months I've started to notice it coincides with my cycle. I'm having painful ovulation as well.

I've gad blood work done by my doctor and OBGYN . I'm about to go back to my OB and ask to be reevaluated. I've considered deficiencies, a virus, bowel disease... I have no idea, it is so frustrating.According to drs, I'm in fine health.

• Edited

have you had any resolution about this? i was hoping to fins out what i could do to help it. i thought it was low iron but my iron has been steadily rising.

• Posted

I know I used to get vertigo terribly! and motion sickness real bad! and during those times where it was real bad, I would drink lots of Gatorade and take BC Powder. I don't know why or how, but within 30 mins it went away! It took years to find what worked for me. Since I had my daughter and quit taking the pill it went away!! I realized it was the pill all along hope that helps!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.