Light headed and dizzy around ovulation

Posted , 32 users are following.

Hello ladies

I hope you’re all having a good weekend, and the peri/meno symptoms are being kind.

I have a quick question. Do any of you experience light headed ness or dizzy spells around the time you should be ovulating?

I’ve been terrifically light headed today and a couple of times had to lay down because I was almost spinning. I’ve had this before and it was around ovulation then too but nowhere near as bad today.  Finding this rather alarming if I’m honest.

Thanks in advance for any replies/thoughts.

Dazed x

3 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev Next
  • Edited

iv suffered from dizziness on and off for years it use to plague me when i had my periods but after i had a hysterectomy at 39 it slowed down now iv hit peri at 46 as i kept my ovaries its back with gusto most days iam dizzy my gp has put it down to everything from my neck to sinus problems to bpv to high blood pressure but what ever this crap is it make anxiety worse which it turn makes you more dizzy iv tried everything and nothing has ever made it better so any of you tried something that does work please share along with hot sweats palpitation aches and pains menopause is pain in the backside and i would love a non dizzy normal day big hugs to all us dizzy birds xxx

• Posted

So there is a link to anxiety, is yours bodily anxiety?

How are your iron levels?

I am sorry this is so rough for you...

• Edited

I'm 40 and just started having vertigo or dizziness around ovulation. It has caused anxiety and muscle weekness along with heart racing. I've always had normal periods. I'm almost positive this is hormonal. My Gp said all my bloodwork was normal. I guess its time to see the gynocologist.

• Edited

Hi ive been having same symptoms for the last few months and turned 40 in September. Feels like everything has slowly been going downhill..palpations, anxiety, hot then cold, weakness, pounding heart. Really is encouraging to know others are feeling the same but so scary and frustrating as i dont know how to treat stuff. Already take all the key vitamins, and magnesium etc..just wish there was a magic pill to take it all off. Love and hugs to everyone experiencing the same xx

• Edited

Hi ladies, I am having the same sx as well, I experienced vertigo in January 2019 and lasted for almost a month, I actually having a lot of pain, before, during and after period so the whole month is different from bone pain, headache, nausea, vomiting, stomach pain and increase in bowel movement - the increase in bowel movement is due to increase in prostaglandin , it increases the motility of the intestine based on the article I read.

Now after 9 months again my vertigo strike and been 5 days now since, I have read that we should increase our Vitamin B12 intake and check our Vit. D level too, these Vit help in decreasing dizziness.....Wish us all a good health soon❤😘

• Posted

I hope that all our symptoms will pass with much ease very soon, Compression socks help with the lightheadness and I take Vitamin D as well as B 12. Let us stay positive and strong and continue to share helpful tips express ourselves and laugh or cry as much as we want during this time.

• Posted

I have the same symptom. I'm 47 and have noticed this dizzy symptom. It comes and goes but it came back today and its right around the time of my ovulation. I just had an endometrial ablation in March for heavy bleeding. Now I have no periods which is great but I dont know if Im ovulating. Since it was recent, my calendar had me set to be ovulating, sure enough probably why Im dizzy. I also have heart palpitations. The ablation got rid of the periods but the hormones continue. I guess its the rise and fall of the hormones. I also notice my vision for a moment gets blurry and then I spend the whole day blaming my dizziness on my eyes.

• Edited

yes i feel dizzy during ovulation time as well as before periods. feel lightheaded, blurry, sensitive to light etc.

• Edited

Yes, every month. And it scares me. My Gyno said, it's hormonal. I have yet to faint, praise God! It passes fairly quickly. I feel hot, my hands get clammy, and I feel as though I might pass out.

• Edited

yes yes yes !!!!!! ive been dealing with this for years now and finally have realized the pattern. According to my period tracker its always during fertile period and up to ovulation ! ots so alarming i have developed anxiety cause of it ,,, so going to my dr this monday i hope we can do something about this , i cant take it ! i get so lightheaded and i feel like im tilting to the side at times... i hope you are feeling better

• Edited

I know this is a fairly older thread but I just wanted to chime in and say that I'm in the same boat! My Dr seems to think I'm in the perimenopausal decade (42 years old) so it may just be par for the course...

But yes. Dizziness and headaches (sometimes migraines - regular and ocular) during ovulation. Also anxiety and on the verge of panic for a couple of days during the ovulation time period.

I used to get anxiety and headaches leading up to when my period was just about to start but apparently that all changes when you start peri.

Just wanted to share my story in the hopes that it may help someone who is just as health anxious as I am.

Hopefully we all get through this and make it to the other side of our menstrual woes in good health (and SANE!) This seems so unfair in consideration of all the other things we as women have to weather. Just when you start to feel like you're figuring it all out and gaining confidence you never had in your 20's and 30's, you get hit with this crap. Ugh!

Sending lots of love and support to you all. ❤

• Posted

Thank you for your wonderful And encouraging post, I’m very happy that I found this forum because it’s giving me so much ease in dealing with this situation That we as women Warriors are coming through

• Posted

i have experience the symptoms as wel,

I’m not sure if it has anything to do with my ovulation time as all my kids are grown and I have my tubes tied .But hopefully it passes quickly for both of us.

• Posted

Hi all. Only just registered on here after coming across this thread on google. What a relief to discover I'm not a hypochondriac or going insane!!

The same thing happens to me during ovulation. Sometimes so dizzy that I can't go to work and have to lay down.

I also get other symptoms that have been mentioned, (loose bowel, migraine, pain during ovulation) My GP said it wasn't caused by onset menopause ( I'm 43 and still have very regular periods) but it seems it probably is.

it's so nice to know I'm not alone and that there are people out there going through the same thing that I can't talk to and not feel like and idiot! x

• Posted

Has anyone experienced this while driving and how did you handle it?

Have any of the suggested treatments worked for anyone who tried them?

I drive for a living.. a HUGE dumptruck so I am afraid this could cost me my CDL that I just got a few months ago. I do still have a regular period. This started about 6 months ago. The first 2x it was the first day of my period.. now period and around ovulation. It didn't happen at period last month because I took ibuprofen a few days before and until my period started. I read that it can lower prostaglandins. It is very brief (10-30sec) but I feel like I have to hold onto something during. It has yet to happen during work. Please help

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.