Light headed and dizzy around ovulation

Posted , 32 users are following.

Hello ladies

I hope you’re all having a good weekend, and the peri/meno symptoms are being kind.

I have a quick question. Do any of you experience light headed ness or dizzy spells around the time you should be ovulating?

I’ve been terrifically light headed today and a couple of times had to lay down because I was almost spinning. I’ve had this before and it was around ovulation then too but nowhere near as bad today.  Finding this rather alarming if I’m honest.

Thanks in advance for any replies/thoughts.

Dazed x

3 likes, 33 replies

33 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi, have any of you guys come across histamine intolerance within menopause? this is what my nutritionist thinks causes my symptoms. I get very dizzy, bad heart palpitations and feel really weak and fatigued. When it started 2 years ago (age 41) it was worse, I was experiencing vasodilation almost like I'd been drugged, almost passed out and would have days of brain fog and severe fatigue afterwards. The doctors didn't know what was wrong but my nutritionist diagnosed a histamine intolerance possibly caused by too much gut bacteria. But what she also said is that histamine is exacerbated by estrogen. So added together with a high histamine diet, a surge of estrogen possibly due to perimenopausal fluctuations, could cause a perfect storm and cause these symptoms.

I'm not saying you guys all have this too, but its interesting that noone seems to be able to find an answer as to what is happening in the body when these symptoms occur. I'd love to think it was caused by something else, because low histamine diets suck! but I do think it helps to reduce the symptoms and antihistamines help too.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.