Light markings on glans, glans easily and more irritated

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello,

About a month ago I posted a topic here (https://patient.info/forums/discuss/white-light-markings-lines-on-glans-667291) concerning some markings that appeared on my glans. I received a couple of replies saying it looked like yeast, which is also what my doctor assumed it was. A test for gonorrhea and chlamydia came back negative.

My doctor prescribed Ketoconazol cream, which I used for a number of weeks. Sadly, nothing seemed to change. I then tried a cream with Miconazol. I'm not entirely sure, but it feels like this slightly reduced the visibility of the markings. However, after a number of weeks the markings are still clearly visible. The markings become more visible and my glans becomes a bit irritated during masturbation, which I try to avoid more.

With concerns to washing, I do not use any soap near my genitals. My diet is also pretty normal as far as I'm aware, even trying to cut back on sugar.

I have attached an update picture of my glans to this post. Another picture can be found on my older post. As you can see, the markings are still there. I read something about coconut oil, which I might try. If the problems remain I will probably visit my doctor again. In the mean time, hopefully someone here can help me out.

Thanks in advance!

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Ringworm? Try an anti-fungal cream as with athlete's foot. Daktarin or Canesten (over the counter in UK).

• Posted

Hey man

I have been following this forum for about 3 months now, subscribing to notifications of each and every person that posts on this group, to see if someone has what I have. I have only found 1 other post similar to what I have, up until now, which I have seen yours.

I have had the same thing (well, kinda the same, looks very similar to what you have) and it's been going since March. I have seen 3 GPs, a Urologist, 2 Dermatologists and nobody knows what it is or knows whether they should be concerned or not. They're absolutely clueless. I have tried every cream/oil/ointment/soap/whatever else (organic and prescribed) that you can think of. The docs are convinced it's not inflammation and I'm starting to think it's scarring or an allergic reaction or something. I've started forgetting about it over the last 2 months or so. I've just given up and learned to live with it. My wife doesn't even notice it and it hasn't caused me any pain, discomfort or any difference in "penile experience" whatsoever. It's purely just been a cosmetic change up until this point. This is my post, hope this helps somewhat:

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/marks-on-penis-please-help-pics-attached--662172

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.