LINX PROCEDURE

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi All

I had the Linx fitted Tuesday 3 days ago.

Has anyone had this procedure and when

Did you start feeling better.

I have been suffering from severe stomach cramp spasms now been given codeine to

Help with the pain.

I am trying to eat smaller meals often.

I would welcome peoples experience

2 likes, 47 replies

47 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi, I am thinking of going for the Linx operation. I was diagnosed with a small hiatus hernia in April. My main symptom is when I exercise, I get pain in my throat and can feel a lot of painful indigestion at times. This is mainly when walking fast. I tried running over the weekend and after a while I was getting the same pain! Chewing gum does help as does sipping water. A regular sore throat and wheeziness also affects me. I'm hoping the LInx op with hernia repair will sort it out! Saw the op on youtube and it doesnt look too bad, I would certainly not want the NIssan one, too many risks! Mike.
    • Posted

I get really bad reflux when jogging. I had a small hiatal hernia as well but my surgeon said it was small enough that it didnt needed repaired and just implanted the linx without the hernia repair. Im only 10 days post linx and havent had a chance to test out jogging yet. I know to qualify for the linx procedure u need a recent endoscopy, upper gi barium swallow test, 24 or 48 ph test with a manometry study to make sure your esophagus is strong enough to push food through the linx. Have u had any of these tests done yet ? Hope everyone gets well soon.
    • Posted

Even walking the dog at a fast pace can be an absolute pain! I had the Endoscopy in April, nothing else. Best make an appointment with the Doctor then. Wouldn't the hernia get bigger with time though?
    • Posted

You would think but the linx would strengthen that barrier to prevent the hernia. Thats what my surgeon told me as i was expecting him to repair it. He said mine was less than a cm or less than a half a cm...forget.. was kind of out of it at the time.
    • Posted

Thanks for the info. How have you been since the Linx has been put in? Eating ok, allowed to have a beer? I read that you can go straight back to a normal diet.
    • Posted

I have been having some really bad gas and bloating..my digestion has been outta wack too. Its all slowly getting better but i havent really been able to test out drinking alcohol or eating any real greasy heavy meals yet. Eating small bland meals til i feel better.
    • Posted

Hopefully in a few weeks it will be worth it. At the moment my diet is quite bland anyway to prevent the reflux. I've started the 5:2 diet so I'm used to small portions! Cut out all caffeine which I miss. If I do have a curry now it's only a mild one, which I now prefer to the hotter ones I used to have!
    • Posted

Hi

How are you feeling now ?

I'm having a few problems with

Swallowing.

Bread is very difficult, has this

Improved for you ?

• Posted

Hi summer. Im feeling better each day. The bloating/gas is much better. Im very careful when i eat ...always take gulps of warm water or fennel tea with dry/fibrous food. Ive had 2 stuck moments where food got stuck and both times were baby carrots. Hope ur feeling better. Did u join the linx facebook group yet ? If not u really should. .very helpful.

Emis Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

http://patient.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/398331-private-messages

• Posted

Hi glad your feeling better

Could you please pm link to group

• Posted

If you are on Facebook just do a search for linx surgery for gerd and request to join. Its a closed group and the group admin will need to approve the request. Took about a day for me to get accepted.
  • Posted

Hi guys, I know this is an old thread but I'm just wondering how you are both getting on? I've had the LINX fitted 3 days ago and I'm really suffering with the pain, not just swallowing but shoulder pain and this weird gas pain that bubbles up and spreads across my entire upper body. It's awful. Just hoping that you can give me some good news about things settling down.

how is the reflux? Has that gone? I'm really hoping that there's a light at the end of the tunnel with this and that the pain is worth it.

ps Todd, how long before you got back to jogging?

fingers crossed you'll read this,

stella 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.