Lipomas .."I have lots of them"...some characterstics

Posted , 13 users are following.

it all started with one small "egg" on dorsal side of my right forearm when I was 16 i guess. Gradually, I started to increase in size...was bit scary...but eventually I realised..It stopped.

I was happy for  a while till i discovered another on mirror copy on left forearm.

I dont know why? I have a feeling it develops in mirror combination..?

alright!!!....when I was 20 ..i found couple of them growing just below my my right rib case....and then it was never looking back...I have lots of them now all over place...some small...like ball pen point..some like peppercorn..some like sweetcorn...some like pea....

My problem is some of them are tender..it pains when someone or me touch it accidently...

one thing i learned is..its birth and growth....

Starts with a itch on skin...then hardened skin for some days...then tenderness for some days...then its there....birth of a new baby!!!!

latest discovery....my skin over the one on my left forearm is fading up...!!!!!!!

any similar experience..please share!!!!

3 likes, 24 replies

24 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi,  I’m  glad I’m not the only one dealing with this. There’s no support groups for this, hard to believe that there’s no other remedies just getting them surgically removed. I would think someone should have come up with some type of medication or herbs or something that you could take that dissolves these fatty tumors . 

Mine started the same way everybody else’es did, I noticed one and then another one mirrored  on the other side of my body now I currently have about 10 in each arm. A few years back I had about total of four removed two in each arm as I was told that’s all they could do in one time. Thank goodness they have not grown back in the areas where they were removed, however, I have gotten quite a few more since then .  I am embarresed  to even walk around In sleeveless shirts  because they are so obvious. I feel like an alien. 

• Posted

Hi Karen.

Feel sorry to hear that. In short. I went to germany and nothing was helpful. One thing to mention. Stop using any kind of artificail sweatners. I do feel them shrinked and there is no new one. Last month i did a test. Took a drink with aspartam and the next day i felt all lipomas swollen. So it means aspartam. Saccarin and all other sort of sweatners do stimulate them . Sugar has nothing to do with it. Its someting like inflamative thing. I already got rid of 2 by pressing them hard inside my skin. 1st they get in pieces and them disappeared. Pressing do hurt but in the end its worth it.

I am awaiting a herbal formula from someone. Going to apply it tropically. Will post back with ingrediants if it helped.

Thanks and do not thing too much about it.

• Posted

You should try heavy exercise for about 6 weeks. DONT stop eating good fat! Just cut carbs so you lose weight fast. Eat lots of veggies and workout like crazy. Can't do anything but improve your health overall. When the fatty tumors start fading away you can prove to all involved that it works. And please let me know too. If you need support contact me, we can set up a chat. Good luck Karen! Jo

• Edited

From personal experience. If you can burn enough fat, like lose weight, the lipomas will disappear. I had probably 50 of them and lost a bunch of weight physically being active and they all went away. 
    • Posted

Hi Jobe,

I have been physically fit for my entire life. Exercise 5 days a week. We should all compare our diets and see if there is a common denominator? I was curious is alcohol can cause them. 

• Edited

Hi.

Its possible as for the last 5 years i havent join any physical activity beside normal daily tasks. But there are alot of people with lots of extra pounds with no lipomas and its a bit confusing to me. I remember one lipoma in my right arm years before when i was super skinny while trying to get some weight as my friends were making fun of me and my bones edging out of my body. But will surely try to get rid of few kilos as i am overweight. I am 184cm with 102 kg.

Thanks for the advice.

• Posted

Lipomas are fatty tumors. They are malleable and often friable and therefor easily moved when palpitated. If they are formed with blood vessels, nerve tissue, or muscle they may be painful or less movable. They are suspected of being an inherited disorder. They are common to people with a propensity for fatty liver disease. Liposarcoma, a Cancer, is a very rare form.

A small oral dose of prednisone reduces them and reduces the pain and itching they cause but creates hazards of its own. A modern  ketogenic diet will assist as well. As soon as they are discovered one should find a well recommended surgeon or plastic surgeon to reduce scaring and have them harvested. As a genetic disorder there is no cure at this time so choose your surgeon wisely. 

• Posted

wow you explained it perfectly! this is exactly how it feels for me when i find a new bump. i never could put it into words. yet, i'm always finding new bumps under my skin in my thighs and forearms. thank you.

"Starts with a itch on skin...then hardened skin for some days...then tenderness for some days...then its there....birth of a new baby!!!!"

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.