Liver disease

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have bee drinking heavily for over 4 years and just found out that I have liver disease. I suspected kidney failure since the I saw the signs for the past weeks but , the test showed that my liver level is very high. Is there any chance for me to live a normal life again.? I can't drink anyways because the site effect bothers me a lot. I have all signs of damaged kidney and liver. I will find out for sure Monday what my options are.

0 likes, 48 replies

48 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Try not to worry , it's difficult I know I'm waiting for results as well. You have to concentrate on getting better.I have had lots of support from people I don't know and you have some great support from people who are concerned about you and care.

just remember when you go to hospital or gp or any tests we all all thinking about you, you are not alone.

try to stop drinking and look to see are you eating the right things.

You can do it.

hope all goes well.

• Posted

This is my first post here. I just want to wish you well julie. I'm waiting for results and feel scared but you are young and you haven't been drinking all that long so hopefully the damage to your liver won't be too bad.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.