Liver pain and stomach cramps

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi. I was wondering if someone could help. I was diagnosed with celiac disease around 4 years ago. I followed the GF diet for around a year but slowly started eating more and more gluten in my diet. I felt it wasn’t giving me a sore stomach so wasn’t to much of a problem. Around 2 months ago, I was getting various symptoms, pain in my testicle, pain around the liver area, and general tiredness. I decided to sort my eating out and for 6 weeks I have now been gluten free. I went to the doctors regarding my testicle and he diagnosed epidyditmitis so some antibiotics cleared that away. I just presumed my pain around my liver are would go away as my body got used to being gluten free. We are now 6 weeks later and I would say the pain is slightly worse than it was. I have also been suffering from stomach cramps for the past 3/4 days. The pain in my liver is just below my right rib cage and occasionally goes down my side. 

Should I continue with the GF diet and hope it gets better or do I need to be checked out? Any idea what might be causing my sore liver? 

Thanks in advance for any help. 

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thank goodness you have a sensible doctor mine have rubbish Keep in touch and let me know how you get onx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.