Livial I love you!

Posted , 78 users are following.

:D I have been taking Livial for 4 months now and it has really changed my life. At 52, and not having had a period for 18 months, I was suffering terribly with night sweats which woke me on the hour, I was totally sleep deprived and unable to function at work. I was also depressed and had absolutely no interest in sex. I can honestly say that I have not had one hot flush either during the day or night since taking it, my mood is balanced and I can't get enough sex! My weight has stayed exactly the same and my only compaint is that it is a bit expensive. I will certainly keep taking it for as long as I am able, I have done my research extensively and have found no reason to stop.

11 likes, 238 replies

238 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hello all. Well it is now 6 years since I began taking Livial and I am still happy with it. Earlier this year I missed 2 consecutive doses (doh!) and a little later that month had some blood spotting which I mentioned to my GP. Any incidence of post menopausal bleeding is always investigated over here and so I was sent for a scan of my uterus to see whether it was thickening. Am happy to report all was normal and, furthermore, I had a good conversation with the gynae who was quite happy for me to keep taking the tablets! My sisters both have GP's who will not prescribe HRT longer term, even though they have requested it as their short term experience had a very positive effect on mood as well as physical symptoms. Both my sisters are on anti-depressants which the GP seems very happy to prescribe for years. I rather think this is a nonsense!
  • Posted

This is nice way of proposing dude i like it. Actually it is very innovative you are proposing in between thousands without being visible to them....

http://www.lfsr.in/amavas.html.......................amavas

• Posted

Well its been way over 10 years since I started Livial and it only took 4 weeks to become a new women and I can still remember the doctor asking how it was going and i said fantastic!! I haven't looked back. My only propblem is I don't know how long I can be on it and how do I go about getting off it if one day i cant aford it ??? (Its getting darn expensive here in Aus)

I stopped cold turkey once and felt cranky and not myself so I went straight back onto it

If anybody has stopped taken livial please let me know what the dose should be .eg one every second day?

• Posted

Hi Amanda. My GP said you could reduce your dosage - take one every other day for example - and see how you go. Be aware that, if you miss several in a row, you may get some slight bleeding (see my earlier post) and this would need to be investigated. Cold turkey is not a good idea. Hope you find a way that makes sense to you! Personally, I intend to stay on it as long as possible.....
  • Edited

Have found this site and everyone's comments really helpful, thank you so much for sharing your experiences with Livial. I am 55, have been using Livial for about 18 months, was so relieved it helped to control my nighttime sweats and helped me sleep again. However, I have been experiencing very painful joints and muscles, thought it might be arthritis at first, scans, X-ray and ultra sound found nothing. My GP did some blood tests and got a positive result for Lupus, only low indicator, but am now concerned that this might be a side effect of Livial, does anyone know where I can find any information about this?
  • Posted

I'm having a very difficult time this year with insomnia and depression. I think it is hormone based, but I am now on antideprressants + stuff to help me sleep? Have had some improvement with Estraderm patch but can't keep taking it in isolation without progesterone, due to increased endo cancer risk. However I don't seem to be able to take 'synthetic' progesterone and micronized progesterone is not available mainstream in Australia it seems. It has to be compounded and most GPs I have talked to won't prescribe it as they say there is no evidence that it protects the endometrium. Just wondering if anyone who has been unable to take HRT has had success with livial? I'm 53 but not sure where I am re menopause.
    • Posted

Hi Mandy - regular hrt made me bleed after 3 months - lividly has made me spot but nothing serious. Just wonder how you are going as I notice your post is a year ago? Hope you have had some success in this difficult time of life for us girls?
  • Posted

I had an early menopause 4 years ago at age 37 and have been fighting off taking HRT. I've been depressed, moody, stressed, completely lost my sex drive (disturbing as have been very happy with Hubby for 21 years). My bone density scan looked likely early onset osteoporosis. The last two HRT types i tried make me feel vvery sick, so put me off. But after seeing a newly qualified young doctor, she recommended this. I am taking lLivial today for the first time and after 5 hours i already feel better.. (probably in my mind). I basically am thinking I can't feel any worse than I do right now, so I really hope it works. I am nervous about my liver, as I do drink 25 units a week on average, so I realise I must cut back. Can anyone tell me how quickly they felt it working?

• Posted

I have only been on Livial for 4 days. Can anyone tell me how long before I notice a change in night sweats, libido etc.. I read all the previous posts and have the crappy night sweats etc that all of you have experienced.. I feel like I'm not the only one now.. I'm scared to death of taking this as I hate any pills at all but desperately need a good sleep, be happy and get more energy.. I'm hoping this will happen - the sooner the better..
    • Posted

Hi, I am 50 yrs old.  I am 3 years postmenopausal.  I am on Prozac to help with the symptoms.   Due to ovarian cyst on one side and twisted ovary on the other, I had my ovaries and tubes removed last month.  I have been coping with the hot flushes for a few years.  My problem areas are feelings of anxiety, especially during a "heat" episode.  Trouble sleeping, very bad restless legs, no sex drive, dry vagina, fatigue, low mood.   My GP was cautious about prescribing HRT on previous visits.  My consultant at the hospital though, suggested Tibolone (Livial) for me.   I am now on day 2 and REALLY want this to work.   I don't know if it was just the desire for it to work, or whether it did actually help me, but yesterday I seemed to have more energy.  Last night though, my stomach feels like it wants to have a period soon.  I am interested to know what your early experiences on the drug were like.
    • Posted

gillian29986 if you continue to read the thread on this forum, I have pretty much covered the five months I was on Livial. I was totally happy with it for 2-3 months. The only thing I was told it would help with that didn't was my libido. It never changed and still hasn't. My side effects started after a few months and am now off it. Please read the forum which goes for 6 pages as it will help you for sure. It was great for me.. Good luck..
    • Posted

Hi, sandrasmac,  thank you for replying. Dohhhh, see, I'm doo dally at the moment, never thought to scroll forward. ....... it's the menopause!!!! ha ha.  I have read your posts.  Thank you for sharing.  I'm a week in now.  I went walking at the weekend.  A  good start. 
    • Posted

Hi Gillian, I have been unsing Xyvion (Tiberlone) here in Australia for some time and it has taken away the night sweats and flushes. I am also using Ovestin (eostogen) cream and libido is great - although it has caused a little sensitivity of late - so thinking will go off the cream now the other has kicked in. Do have sadness though - but had it to some extent prior to starting both meds - just lost my Dad and think that is the cause and nothing will help that but time. Think we are so very lucky to have found something to help us - so many just go with it and must be very debilitating.

• Posted

great. i glad it doing you good, and the libido..i sdtarted this discussion a way back, i am 80 now..i was taken off livial,tibolene..as i am old, and nearing 80..i tried all over the world, to get a  prescriiption or help..nothing..so i was off tibolene..over 18 months ago..i had a feeling i would be ill..i have bone problems, which livial helps to, if you read instructions...over the months i gradually was worse....no in wheelchair..loads of medication, steroids i have had for a few years, for temporal artritis and polymyalgie..it has all got worse, in fact i have  the symptoms of multiple sclerosis..but doctors wont listen...hey ho. life goes on, we try to live happy..i am no doctor..but livial was good for me, for bones, and for libido...and oestrogen....must go...lots to try and do....good luck girls. happy Christmas and new year 2016 to all.barbie.

• Posted

Hi Gillian been on livial for 2 months I'm 60 years old and raising 3 grandkids I love this pill I can now sleep haven't sleep properly for years have so much more energy people tell me I look great even feel thinner around my middle I was hesitant to start on hrt but glad I did my life is so much better 😊

• Posted

well i am rep;lying to myself.....although i wrote again a fewweeks ago....as i said now i am 82 and a half.....i HAD to come off liovial  when i was about 79..doctors orders...noway wouild anyone give me a prescription..i tried worldwide...i  had been a very qualified professor in all this, and she had said, back 20 years or more, that if i felt it good,STAY ON IT....she let me....but then doctors retired....health centre closed aruond here....new doctors...no one would prescribe it...it was fabulous...i had been on it for 35 years or so.....and the  professor lady said stay on it if i felt it good...libido, was terrific...as it was all gone earlier years.s...but since coming OFF livial....my health has gone down  BANG. absolutely BAng.....LIBIO GONE...LOST THE LOVE...I AM NOWI N A WHEELCHAIR, ..on sterids for a long time....oin two lots of morphine....nearl 40 pills a day....i i am NOT joking...this is not a joke...i regret coming offlivial,but i cant do anything abut it now...i       was divorced...stil a..my ex. passed away last week.....people dont understand me at all....they are making life very hard for me...i have all the smptoms of multiple sclerosis.....i do have giant cell artritis, polymyalgia, rotator cuff syndrome..with  black bruised shoulder and top of arm..cantlift that arm todo things...and much mokre...ulcer in leg andtoe..am oin anti bioticsagain  after two weeks...for leg ulcer...this is crazy...onthing after the other....i am sure my brain and body functions are suffering....does tis make sense, i am serious...so, take care coming off livial, IF it does you good, and with libido...sty on it..dont suffer like this..daily routines nokw, and lots of pain.i try  to be happy...i love parties...i love organising themmyself..i enjoiy them then, and i dont need to drink,i didnter..but i cant now...i am some sort of druggie!! at l82 and half....a; neighbour jokes, she has a pharmacy next door!!...lovely to have some fun, and jokes...my poor partner nearly 12 years yonger th an me...is trying hard to look after me...struggling poor young fellow..i lovethem all, and all my familiy...they did not share with me, h ow  their dad was suffering, in the end...i knewnthing!!..so very sad...i have 5 wonderful grandchildren...full stop..i cant stop writing, and get toldf off for that..but        they are my stories...so rhino , guest, gillian,  etc..go for it, keep it, if it does you good, and al theothers....love from me...ms....whatever  they call me these days!!
    • Posted

just me again...apologies in the last long mail....i cant type well now, after having my own small typing buisness for over 55 years....my hands....and my eye sight is failing...blurry.....so difficut to check, and cant check, as sholders and neck so badd...cant put my face up to screen to check al the time....from miserable old barbie...not really..i try.x.

• Posted

Hi Rhino2015   your post really interests me.  I was prescribed Tibolone but chickened out and am on HRT Patches Evorel Conti.  My libido is rubbish and not sure how long it takes to get better.  Before the HRT I was prescribed Oestrogen Cream.  Did that help your libido or do you think it was the Tib?  I wonder if I can use it with the patches?  Sorry to bombard you with questions but a bit fed up with having zero interest for years! x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.