Livial I love you!

Posted , 78 users are following.

:D I have been taking Livial for 4 months now and it has really changed my life. At 52, and not having had a period for 18 months, I was suffering terribly with night sweats which woke me on the hour, I was totally sleep deprived and unable to function at work. I was also depressed and had absolutely no interest in sex. I can honestly say that I have not had one hot flush either during the day or night since taking it, my mood is balanced and I can't get enough sex! My weight has stayed exactly the same and my only compaint is that it is a bit expensive. I will certainly keep taking it for as long as I am able, I have done my research extensively and have found no reason to stop.

11 likes, 238 replies

238 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Hi SandrasMac and the two Karens.

Well I've spoken with my doctor and I'm coming off it today - if nothing but to prove the headaches and neck pain are related. I know in my mind they are related as I do not generally get either! Shame as I am feeling more chilled out for sure - and zero night sweats. I may try a different sort, or I may try Livial again in a few weeks. Sandrasmac really great to hear you are getting on so well with it. Its very hard for me as my symptoms are not really that severe that I need HRT, I can live without it I guess, but It would be nice to shout less at the kids and feel more like initiating sex! I will keep on investigating....

If anyone out there has any success stories with any other HRT types (or can recommend another sort) would appreciate it. Thanks! Rachel (UK).

• Posted

Hi there Rachel, so sorry to hear you are experiencing the back pain and headaches, hope you find something else to help you. I can't live without it at the moment, too hard to get up and go to work after sleepless nights, waking up every hour or so drowning in my own sweat!!! smile. Alan (male?) have tried all the natural products they do not work for me at all, I am a veggie, I do not smoke or drink, I have been lifting weights for 30 years, I have 3 dogs and walk at least 3kms every day (weekends usually more) so consider myself fairly fit and healthy , so unfortunately, as much as I hate taking drugs.......drugs is it for me!! Wish there was a better way smile
  • Posted

Hi Karen 427!

Stopped Livial today and already feeling better. I guess this one is not for me. To be honest, i get the odd night sweat and my sex drive is zero, but I'd rather that than feel crappy on this drug.. I think I'm going to try and adjust my diet etc as per the link I put up earlier.

I noted the high value of the drugs that you girls say you are paying over in OZ..

Out of interest, I have been doing a huge amount of research and I've found that Venlafaxine which is an antidepressent I took some years ago has been found to help with nightsweats.. and has been suggested by some studies it could be an alternative option for reluctant HRT wannabies like me to think about considering!!

As for me I think the risks for me seem higher than the benefits, so until I get so bad I can't bear it, I'm bowning out of the HRT drug taking. But I will keep following the thread out of interest, as I may one day need to try again! Good luck!

• Posted

Hi there Rachel, Wow feeling better already, that's great so happy for you, to be honest I am quite envious, I really wanted the natural option to work, but alas not meant to be. Good luck if you have any success please share, cheers karen
  • Posted

It sounds like you did the right thing bucketroyal, to get off it.. Please keep us informed of your progress. This thread has been a great help for me and would like to know how all you girls get on.. I am still finding I have zero side effects and only positives.. The occasional mild flush is all and no improvement on libido much to hubby's disappointment biggrin good luck to you all😉
  • Posted

Hi Karen 427 and Sandrasmac,

Thank you for your kind words! My husband too was most interested in the possible increase of libido but oh well, he will have to suffer, I mean its not like these men really have anything else to worry about it is it! I'm feeling OK today, a bit low, I truly think the Livial did help my mood... but that is not enough to warrant taking the drugs with the side effects I had. My headache is still there but not as bad and my neck pain is getting better....Anyway, good luck girls!

• Posted

hi everyone! i was on livial for three years up until 2 days ago. i had much the same symptoms as you all including water retention, back ache, muscle aches, exhaustion no energy at all, weight gain possibly from the water retention, headaches, dizzy feelings of vertigo, blurred vision - i had 2 eye tests and nothing would show up, nasty mood swings only anger and could not cry like i used to - realised i had not cried properly since taking livial??, low sex drive etc etc. i am 27 and had my total hysterectomy at 24. i was going to the drs and seeing different drs and all were saying different things, i had no idea it could be the livial causing all of this. some drs suggested ibs, fibromyalgia, thyroid problems, depression, wisdom teeth!!!, ms and one dr sent me for an mri scan for a brain tumour but all was clear. until i looked into livial on google and saw this thread again. i was fine on livial for approx a year and felt great but then the symptoms started. i saw my gp and she advised me to stop livial 2 days ago and she has arranged a full blood count test for next week. i then go back to see her the week after next and she will sort out with me a new low dose hrt to try. she wanted me to be off of the livial for these 2 weeks before going back to see if any of the symptoms have stopped by then. she said that some people have no problems with hrt, some people just cannot take hrt as it doesnt agree with them and some people find that they need the hrt but need to change it every few years like myself. does anyone have any suggestions of a different hrt they used after livial? my main problems with no hrt are hot flushes, night sweats, feeling tired and low sex drive. this thread is amazing and im so glad i looked on here again!! it would be great to hear from all of you, we're all in this together biggrin love and support to you all, dont give up on feeling better and feeling like yourself again. chat soon, Nina cheesygrin xxx west sussex, uk.
  • Posted

ps. i have also started taking stinging nettle extract capsules yesterday. i have read many things about this and it is supposed to help release your natural testosterone which will naturally boost your sex drive and energy. so fingers crossed i might eventually see some change with that, Nina x x smile
  • Posted

Hi there Nina, thanks so much for this, you have shared some great information, I would be interested to know what a new low dose hrt you might try. I don't seem to get too much help from my doctor, it certainly sounds like you have a great doctor who is really listening to you. I have to admit my only real problem with menopause is the night sweats and mood swings, both are well managed now with Livial, but of course I have some weight gain, joint and muscle pain. I am 55, tried to do the natural thing for about 3 years, but just didn't get any relief at all, which was getting me down. Let's us know how you go, cheers karen Australia
  • Posted

hi guys, well I've almost finished my 10 day trial pack... Doc app on Monday to see how I feel on them... I have to say I feel quite good. I'm interested to know how long it takes for these side effects you are all talking about to start, I'm hoping I don't get any of them but would like to be prepared. I'm very pleased at the mo to have finally ( hopefully ) found something that is helping. I'm 51 and have been to the moon and back over the past few years...really fed up with trying stuff. Perth wa.
  • Posted

Hi Karens, glad to hear you are all doing well. Neene, your post was very very interesting, the joint pain seems to be something that comes up alot. My neck is much better, but it was amazing how quickly it came on for me, I guess everyone is different. Well I can safely say now I am off Livial day 5 now that 1) it did improve my mood, I did not grind my teeth and felt much more relaxed - they were the only pluses after a week.... on the negatives.. it did Puff me up (face and stomach) which was not very nice and of course the headache and neck pain which was the ultimate no no for me. I'm going to see a consultant now as i'm 41 and have been post menopausal now for 4 years they are saying I really need to take something for my bones. But i'm not convinced that HRT even helps the bones to the extent that is needed. I'm also intending to follow the link i posted recently in terms of the natural route.

Neene I'd love to hear about the stinging nettle extract. The Docs did mention testosterone shots for me.. OMG a Beard, that will really help the non existent sex drive right! Rachel (Suffolk UK)

• Posted

Hi girls. This is all very interesting. I'm also preparing myself for any side effects. As yet I have none and am on day 17 today. I still feel great and have 1 or 2 very mild night sweats, just a bit warm and need to shed the doona for a bit. Before Livial it was getting to 8-10 chronic sweats at nights and some during the day also. This is the main reason I am taking Livial. I am 53, active and healthy and take absolutely no other medication, not even natural ones so this is a big thing for me to succum to drugs. I admit now that I am scared! I have read other forums, even within this web site that are pretty bad so certainly preparing myself for the worst. I have decided to stick with it until the first sign of something different happening to me and will seize taking immediately. Will keep following this forum as it's good for us all.. Good luck to everyone on your different paths. I would love to know how the nettle extract goes also. My mum took that (she died of cancer at 72 and she also took HRT, not Livial, hope it's not linked!!!!)......:-)

• Posted

Oh forgot to add.... From melbourne Australia. Lol.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.