Posted , 9 users are following.

Could anyone as speak to the location of their gh symptoms? Mine are always right side upper back of throat.Waiting on ent appointment next week. Very scared as it is hard to believe something this physical feeling could be anxiety as my GP states. Any feedback would be be greatly appreciated.

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

Mine is more on the left but it moves as well. How long have you had your symptoms? Is is persistent? Its really discomforting. I feel your anguish.

• Posted

3 months. I have an ent appointment tomorow. Mine is pretty much constant you? Right side only
  • Posted

Been dealing with this for over 3 months sad Started after a short course of accutane and possibly a virus.  Thought the sore throat was clear but came back as this globus feeling.  I describe mine as spasms and pressure upper palette back of throat, kind of by the uvula. And submandibular pressure/swelling exhaserbated by talking and radating towards the ears.  Many times I can't tell if it's in my throat or the structures glands ouside my throat.  Cleared by CT scan and also saw an ENT who looked with a mirror and felt everything.  Said everything look great.  No idea what to do sad  Does this sound like a typical description of Globus H. to Kjarvis15 and everyone else?

• Posted

I have started treatment with a PPI for GERD which is helping somewhat but I am going to start alternative medicine treatments, specifically acupuncture. There is a term in Chinese medicine that describes this condition. Its called "plum in throat". They have been dealing with it for thousands of years so I figure its worth a try since western medicine does not have much to offer.

• Posted

Hi Calmingfallday,

Hmmmm...your description sounds like a spasm. Does it feel like a literal lump or even rock in your throat? Kind of where the hollow is in the front of the throat/neck? It's the spot they place tracheotomies. That's a typical globus location. Feels like you need to cough up something, but nothing is there. I have both the globus and severe esophageal spasms that extend from the soft palate like you described, but mine extends to the bottom of my sternum.

Sorry to hear about your situation. It is so frustrating, isn't it?!

Healing vibes,

Matcha

• Posted

Hi, I read your response and it kind of seems similar to my experience but im not sure. Could you describe it for me in more detail? With me, I feel like there is something blocking an area on the left side above my soft palate near my ear. Where the torus tubarius tonsil is. I constantly have to clear mucus mucus from this area every waking moment and its exacerbated when I use my voice in any way. After a while I sound hoarse if I use my voice too much like talk or sing, not to mention that I can't sing as high pitched as I used to before this happened. If i get sick with a cold or other kind of upper respiratory infection all the pain and swelling migrates to this specific area. I tend to feel pressure only in my left ear too and the majority of the time it is not a painful sensation just a feeling like something is there that shouldn't be. Do you think there is any resemblance with your experience?

• Posted

Yep. See and ent for reassurance. Ppi meds helped a bit for me also. God bless hang in there keep me posted
    • Posted

Hi. I wanted to reach out and say I'm suffering from the same thing. Also for about three months. It's interesting because mine also feels like it affects my ears very much. Have you found any relief?

• Posted

Diagnosed today with globus. Camera found nothing......frustrating because lump feels huge.
    • Posted

Nothing in Western medicine can treat it really. I am going to start alternative medicine with acupuncture next week. Nothing to lose.
    • Posted

I would see a gastroenterologist and ask for a manometry test. Docmike mentioned Plum Pit Chi. I also agree with him that TCM offers more than Western medicine for this condition. I'm getting the herbs from an acupuncturist and Traditional Chinese Medicine Dr. I will see if these help more than the calcium channel blockers and Levbid.

• Posted

Try , Piriteze Allergy Tablets your throat tighning may be low level hystamine relese , try let me know if it works my globus went away right away ... need to take 1 a day they last 24hrs get non drewsey version of anti - hystamine
    • Posted

Your cure is interesting, Jim64492. But, I'd be cautious about saying antihistamine is a cure for everyone. I tried 3 different antihistamines last month and had no relief whatsoever. I was having allergies to the change in climate up here and antihistamines are normally helpful - and they were for my sneezing, runny nose, itchy eyes and so on. I stopped taking them and allergies are fine right now. My globus was in full throttle constantly at that time. Still is 24/7.

I'm so happy for you and that you found something to work for you. It's worth trying, but we know this disorder is complex and while one individual may be helped by an intervention, another may lack response.

Best Wishes!

Matcha

• Posted

Zertic is a H 1 blocker

So make sure it's that one , takes 1:1/2 to settle

There is a Histamine 2 you need to find which one your body is releasing

H2 you need an antacid there is one that blocks H2 cimetidine, famotidine, nizatidine and ranitidine

Good luck

• Posted

Hi docmike,

I have heard of the plum pit sensation and tried acupuncture. I myself had a bad experience because it actually caused back pain from lying on a hard table for too long so I do not prefer acupuncture but I do like looking for alternative methods. I found a Chinese herb called Ban Hia Hou Po Pian. Ask your acupuncturist about it. It is specifically for lump in the throat sensation. I hope the acupuncture helps. Please let me know. A physical therapist said that dried needling has helped a patient in the past. I wonder if it's the same thing as acupuncture? Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.