LOCATION-LOCATION-LOCATION

Posted , 3 users are following.

This is just a thought, but it might do the acorn thing!!

Does anyone live within the Sheffield area,who suffers from the D.D 

disease?

Would you like to meet others, and swap what we know, what we don't 

know, and what we would Like to know?

Every disease seems to have a support group,why not us ?

Obviously we could not meet for a meal. but a place where we could have a coffee/tea .

Maybe Meadowhall ,which is accessible to all and has a large enough dining/seating area.

Obviously it would have to take place early evening, to allow for the  

people who work.

Good idea or bad ???

0 likes, 38 replies

38 Replies

Prev Next
  • Posted

How bout you?
    • Posted

Funny you should ask. Since I started taking probiotic capsules and

Vit D tabs .No pain  ,anywhere . About 9/10 weeks now ,plus, I have stopped taking prescription drugs ,all of them, and I feel really good

Got a pink tongue back ,haven't had one of those for years 

• Posted

Yes.. I am also taking the probiotics. What have you found the Vit. D does for you?
    • Posted

I read that DD sufferers were usualyy found to be lacking in Vit D and suggested a supplement be taken ,so I do ; Ask Google . for more info, 
    • Posted

I read that DD sufferers were usualyy found to be lacking in Vit D and suggested a supplement be taken ,so I do ; Ask Google . for more info, 
  • Posted

Anything is worth a try. I would have to ask for a blood test to see if I am low on Vit. D. I wish they would do these tests routinely without having to ask.
  • Posted

Agreed.
    • Posted

Morning Sam, had to leave you last night  was having trouble keeping

the eyes open 

Let me know what the result is, it will be intresting to know that a DD doc knows what he is talking about

Dentist visit today  Quake quake  hate it

• Posted

I hope all went well with you at the dentist. I HATE going to the dentist. Years ago Barbers would pull teeth... Thank God for progress. This is the way I look at the at DD disease ...... No progress we are still in the Barber stage. I remember years ago my dentist smoking a cigarette and sticking his nasty ungloved fingers in my mouth. We've come a long way baby...just not in this area of digestive problems. 
    • Posted

Well, Sam, off I went for my 11-25 appt,the receptionist said "What are you doing here ?"  Teeth. I said. Tomorrow she said, No i said, look it's

in my diary ,and, it was ,for Friday  Ditz or what !!!! 

When I was living i Southern Ireland a tooth surgeon pulled a tooth 

at some cost and he left a fragment ,in He was going to stick his

unwashed ungloved  fingers in, so I asked him if he would mind 

washing his hands 

Checked the diary for start date of probiotics and vit D .It was28th

August  Doing GOOD  Got to do the whole dental thing AGAIN .

I had some home made chips for dinner , my god I did enjoy them

and no bloat, just dribbles down my chin cheesygrin

l

• Posted

Poor thing... ugh.... the dentist visits are not my favorite at all. I least mind the dermatologists if I had to chose. Greasy foods are my favorite... Would love to eatr a pizza but it is not worth the hell I would go through to eat it.I am glad you enjoyed your delish sounding chips. arrowmad
    • Posted

Trouble has arrived on DIVI DINERS there is a newbie called 

Kieran who is obsessed with tomatoes, he is desperate for a pizza

Iv'e told him not to, but I think he is a Kama Kazi  person. who, we 

can only hope that he leaves well alone No doubt he will do a painful 

post and I will have great pleasure in saying ""told you so ""

Do you have to have a blood test for Vit D  ? I take one a day, and

they are not chemical .

Might have a fried egg for breakfast, another --used to be--- 

favourite of mine,

You know what they say Sam, everything you like is either ,immoral,

illegal ,or fattening, or in our case    painful sad

• Posted

To verify if you are low you have to have and or ask for that as part of your blood panel. I am happy to say my cholorestal has dropped to 242 and my trigliserites (however you spell it) is at 72 and last year it was 400. I have no idea how it got that high it is insane.I meant to ask my doc to request a vitamin panel with my yearly work up but forgot. I do know if I take Biotin my hair and nails grow like mad. I just hate or forget to take everyday.
  • Posted

Oh new guy is asking for some big trouble. My former mother in law had DD for as long as I knew her and she was in pain a lot. I never understund or sympathized with her til now. She usually would only eat oatmeal and hardly anything else or yeah and beer. ha.. If you have fried egg you wild woman you need to have bread with it to absorb all that grease.
    • Posted

WOT A LARF  Sam, just seen the 7 identical messages to ,it must have been  when it was having a hissy cheesygrin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.