Lofexidene detox,

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been addicted to codeine, originally Nurofen plus up to two boxes per day but after totally destroying my stomach with the ibuprofen I switched to codeine phosphate 30mg up to 20-25 per day. To cut a long story short I have seeked help from my local drugs and alcohol team to get off them. They originally refused to help me saying that anything they could offer me would be a serious step up in my addiction but after me persevering with them I have been offered a lofexidene detox and was just wanting a bit of advice from anyone who has been through one. How bad is it? I am 100 % commited to giving up this horrible addiction but have 2 young boys at home and I'm just concerned about how I will feel whilst doing it. Thanks for reading

Emma

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thanks Andy,

After sleeping most of the day yesterday I have been awake most of the night even after taking a Zopiclone. My husband has a really bad case of cold/flu, he's had this for past few days (he's not an addict) and the way he's been feeling, sore throat, chills, is exactly how I feel this morning so as well as the withdrawal I have got his cold too I think. Lucky for me eh. I feel s**t and haven't managed to get the kids up and dressed for school this morning, luckily my partner is doing it. Nearly 48 hours since my last codeine, I will beat this!!!

Emma x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.