Lonely and depressed this Christmas

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello,

I don't really know where to turn. I'm going to be alone this Christmas and i suffer from anxiety and depression. I'm just feeling really sad and alone and it's a horrid feeling and I don't know where to turn sad

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

hi, your not the only one alone, i'm hoping to fill the time with hobbies i do enjoy doing,

i also suffer from anxiety and depression n cant turn to my family for help,

fortunatley i have a real good GP n support worker, that do care,

• Posted

Hello Michael, thank you so much for replying. I understand how you feel I'm not close to my family and will just be in alone tomorrow while they celebrate. I tend to keep everything bottled up as I have nobody to really talk to so I really appreciate a reply x
    • Posted

Even those of us with families find this time of year very bad. Pressure is on to be happy and carefree which is near impossible when suffer with this. Being on your own, take it as a normal day and do your own thing.
  • Posted

It's just really lonely with nobody to talk to that's all sad

• Posted

i prepare every year, an therish on the point no one will bother me, i think i cud be at a worse place, such as at my mum's 4 xmas dinner lol

• Posted

Is it that bad ha? I'd rather a bad family to spend tomorrow with than to be alone x
    • Posted

trust me u wud'nt lol, i knws it will b so more miserable there,
    • Posted

I agree with Michael. The only reason I'm seeing my family is that if I don't it will cause a huge row and make a bad situation worse, and Im too fragile for a row this year. There are worse things than being on your own. 
  • Posted

What will you do tomorrow then? I just cry everytime I see an advert on the tv with a happy family sitting down to dinner knowing  i will just be alone sad
    • Posted

i'l either play some guitar bits i've been meaning to learn, tidy my house n n get ready for a move, that be taking place early 2016
  • Posted

Hi 

I have been really depressed myself. I have family but it seems my mom does not want anything to do with me at all. She did not appreciate the Christmas plant my boyfriend and I got her She told me I should never have sent them and it hurts 

My sister does not want to come in on the holiday because my brothers and my mom never have me around which always hurts my feelings. 

My sister is the only one in the family who sent Ron and I a Christmas Present 

My mom and brothers have not given us anything and yes it hurts 

How am I suppose the respect my mom in Gods way when she does not appreciate anything from me and my boyfriend I feel so a lone how am i suppose to love My mom in Gods way if she won't accept anything from me and my boyfriend 

It really hurts it 

• Posted

I'm sorry to hear that, but at least you have your boyfriend to spend Christmas with x
    • Posted

probably none of my business but have you got to the root of why you feel so down ,i have done 5 sessions wit counsellor and it seems to be helping a little trying to find the reason behind it all,i wait every christmas to hear from a girl i will prob never hear from r see again
  • Posted

We're here. I'm going to be with my dysfunctional family - well the bit that is still on speaking terms - and I'm dreading it. Leaving in an hour or so and have a knot in my chest. I have  prescriptions and alcohol to get me through but I'm looking forward to it all being done with for another year. I start getting anxious about Christmas in November when the shops first start cashing in and the perfume ads start. Even before that when X factor starts in August I know it will run til Christmas and I get the first anxiety. I know it feels like you're the only one in the world without a loving happy family but there are loads of us. I expect a few will be on the forum tomorrow, I'm sure I will be.  

Why not do something really self-indulgent  you could never do if you were in company? Or turn the heating up and walk round naked. Find faces of people you don't like on the Internet and stick them on pictures of turkeys. Cook fudge and eat it all. Think about all the people having a huge family row at the dinner table or sitting simmering in bitter unspoken resentment, then open a tub of ice cream and watch your favourite film. I bought a pair of boots with the money I would have spent on Christmas presents if my family wasn't so f*ed up. You could go online and get yourself a Christmas present. 

This year I started a private group on Facebook for people I know with mental health problems to vent when they need to, and it's great to see the difference between how they're really feeling and the happy stuff they put on Facebook normally. It makes you feel much less isolated. So remember that all that stuff on social media can't be trusted. Very few people have lives that resemble commercials. They probably all have piles or toenail fungus.

Anyway, I'll be thinking of you and all my depression crowd tomorrow. Fingers crossed for all of us x 

• Posted

Hey happy Christmas to you.  I suffer from anxiety and depression too but it's a lot better than it was thanks to a good support network, change of GP and being put on a more suitable medication.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.