Lonely and depressed this Christmas

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hello,

I don't really know where to turn. I'm going to be alone this Christmas and i suffer from anxiety and depression. I'm just feeling really sad and alone and it's a horrid feeling and I don't know where to turn sad

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Thank you very much Claudia it just helps a little to have somebody to chat to that understands. As you well know. I do hope you manage to have a good time at some point tomorrow thanks for taking the time to reply to me x
  • Posted

Chrristmas highlights the sadness in our lives. I have family but i walk on egg shells with them. I get shouted at and put down on a regular basis. My eldest has spared me two hours today in a publlic place, and then informs me that she has invited her partners parents boxing day for home made lasagne, and new year's eve she has invited her sister and her partner and two kids. I am seeing my youngest tomorrow thou this is the first time in eight years, we are going out. I will be on egg shells as she shouts at me all the time. Other than that i am on my own. One year i had christmas dinner at the vicarage and the following year i spent with another family from church because they felt pity for me. I felt lonely at church so haven't been much this year. I am partially disabled and struggle yet i get no help with shopping or anything else from them. It hurts of course it does. I suffer depression and anxiety. There are lots of people on their own at Christmas and families are not perfect. There will always be rows and tradegies occuring christmas doesn't stop that. I will enjoy tomorrow for the grandchildrens sake but will silently wish for it to be all over. 
  • Posted

Hi I have spent quite a few Christmas's alone (though not this year)  and it's not much fun.  I have tried to make the best of it though.   I always cooked myself a full meal with the usual Christmas fare and tried to arrange to see friends after Christmas so I have something to look forward to.  

You are not alone in disliking this time of year coz it brings to the fore other problems such as loneliness and despair.   It will soon pass though so hang on in there.   Many people are on their own Christmas Day and Boxing Day so you are not alone.  Take care.  x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.