Long diagnosis of fibromyalgia

Posted , 10 users are following.

I have just turned 28 and recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia, it’s quite hard for me to take it in as I have had these symptoms for at least 2 years and have progressively got worse I’m at my worst right now. I have 2 young children and work as a support worker. I’m currently having more bad days than good. My feet feel like I’m walking on a bed of boiling nails, my whole body is shaking, every inch of me is hurting. I’ve been given amitriptyline 50mg , tramadol and advised to take paracetamol too I find it hard to function after taking these especially because it doesn’t help much with the pain. I see my GP again next week just wanted to find out what other people take and if they help

1 like, 26 replies

26 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

That's a shame as there on many people on there with fibromyalgia on there who help each other juggling children and work life it all demanding and just having someone to listen to you helps alot in a big way

• Posted

Hi I have had fibro for 4 years now like u iv been threw all sorts of test etc iv had every medication going and habe either not worked or iv had a bad reaction too i know take gapapentin 600mg 3 a day these do help a little mainly help me sleep have u tyres any gels? I find heat helps me too or a hot muscles soak bath
  • Posted

I got Fibro years ago when my kids were young and was able to manage until other sickness took a toll. I started on Gabapentin 6 years and has helped. But you do need to exercise swim is the best and will help with depression. My big change was going to support group and having my husband hear from another husband about his with Fibro. He finally got it after 15 years which made the differance for me not feeling like I was alone. Conseling also can at least not feel alone. Wish you the best. 
    • Posted

Exercise is not the answer or even good for all fibro patients. I am one of them, the more I do the worse I get. I have tried pool work, massage, ect. I feel for you about your husband. My first marriage broke up over my illness and his parents being unable to accept I wasnt faking it. They would tell him daily and he would bring that negativity into our lives. 
  • Posted

Tranadol doesn’t work for fibro pain.. For pain you need to take anti inflammatory like advil / naproxen and etc

Vitamin D pills help you

Hot pad and hot shower as well

A good anti stress pill as well

Lying down the sun too

We need to live with this..I got diagnosed a week ago ..but I have it for years...

• Posted

Isnt it funny about vitamin D. I need to take 5k daily to even stay normal O.o
  • Posted

Most people with fibromyalgia are deficient in magnesium. I take the Boots one with calcium. It takes a while to build up in your system. Epsom salts hot baths are good too. Epsom salts is magnesium. You can buy a 25 kg bag of Epsom salts on EBay delivered. Two cups in a bath full should help.
    • Posted

Thank you so much ..I did not know about the magnesium..I asked my Dr  he checked mine and yes mine is very low..I got Magnesium supplements today.. Hope my muscle spasm and stress gets better 🙏Thanks again

• Posted

Hi Sarah,

I find Acupuncture works best. When i have the symptoms (mine come and go) I see my Acupuncturist/ Naturopath twice a week for 3 weeks and then after that the symptoms are very minimal for a while. She prescribes natural anti-inflammatories and other things that help. It is worth try. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.