Long term side effects of Shingrix?

Posted , 26 users are following.

I had all the possible listed side effects from the second dose of the Shingrix vaccination (fever, chills, muscle aches, nausea, nerve pain, headache, diarrhea) for about 18-24 hours. Could not get out of bed. Next day I noticed an extremely painful lump in my armpit. swelled right up. Just a lymph node reaction, and it went away after a week.

About a week after that, I noticed a pain in my tissues around my elbows and knees, and my previously almost healed shoulder pain flared up again. That was about 6 weeks ago. It continues to get worse, with additional nerve pain sporadically coming and going, but mostly it is fascial pain and referral. I have been trying things like massage, and osteopathy, and ART (active release) thinking that perhaps it was unrelated to the vaccine. Maybe it is. Nothing is helping.

I am posting this here to see if anyone has heard of this. I am trying hard to solve this issue. Trying homeopathy next.

0 likes, 28 replies

28 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi Sue: yes it's normal to have pain after rash has cleared. Have the doctor give a rx for an opiod or tramadol, its the only thing that works for nerve pain, she shouldn't be left to suffer!

• Posted

I've been having the same issues post this vaccine. It's been going on for two years. Horrific deep pain in my right shoulder among other things. I had never had shingles before getting these shots. Just recently had a burning rash in-between my fingers.

• Posted

Hello i have a long term condition with my left leg.

i have performed remarkably well with this leg since it was injured in 2012.

i received 1st Shingrix vaccine on 7/12. 2 hours later, i was getting a massage and , on the table, i felt the leg tighten up. this increased tension has not subsided now 5 weeks later 8/17. . i cannot afford this extra tension in my leg! i may be permanently disabled if this tightness does not dissipate

i have to attribute this scary condition yo the Shingrix.

has anybody had a similar effect of the vaccine dissipate over time? driving me crazy!

thank you

• Posted

This thread is somewhat stale but here goes..

I got Shingrix 1st dose on Xmas Eve 2020 and 2nd dose March 2021, so abt a yr and a half ago. About 4-6 mos ago I began to have issues in my left hip. I broke this hip about 6 yrs ago and it was surgically repaired by pinning so I thought it may have something to do with that but at this point I do not believe the surgical repair to my hip has failed. I have had pain, stiffness, and soreness in my left hip and other joints and muscles in my left leg. It is hard to relate the 2, the shingles shot and these issues now occurring, but I am searching around. The other possibility in my mind is that this is some form of long Covid. I have never been tested for Covid and indeed do not know whether I have had that virus. Maybe it is just degenerative but the onset was very sudden and generally has no gone away, except that I get acupuncture and recently have been taking some Chinese herbs that have moved these pains and has really helped, but I am not out of the woods yet. Can anyone really point to the long term effects of the shingles shot?

• Edited

I am still having adverse reactions after second vaccination. Tired and achy heart and pulse rate fluttering. It is truly a terrifying experience. I am so relieved I found this page. No one is talking about any of these side effects. We are not alone. Hopefully soon will get some answers. There is really no info about any of this and Drs can not really help. People who aren't going through this do not understand.

• Posted

SO glad to find this. Had second dose a week ago. Some lowgrade fever and tired, etc, which i get from any type of vaccine. This seemed a little better relatively than others. My fever went away 3 days later and i seemed ok. But i felt warm yesterday and now realize i have lowgrade fever again. I wondered if anyone else experienced this. I'm going to rule out the flu/covid, but the only symptom is related to the fever- chills, fatigue. And btw, you'd hope calling the manufacturer could provide some quick info to see if this occasionally happens to others, but i called with a question before the first shot. I just said how a couple friends had side effects and was wondering how common those were. They wanted me to fill out voluminous paperwork as though I made those complaints. It was me telling them second hand. They were emailing me and calling me. It was crazy. I wouldn't bother asking them anything so that’s why i was looking to see if anyone else had similar symptoms.

• Posted

Not to anyone particular.

Since my 2nd SHINGREX Vac., I have increased problems with:

balance, brain fog, memory, and OLD injuries acting up, as well as chronic pain getting worse.

• Posted

im sorry to hear that you are dealing with all that i know with experiencing actual shingles i have had brain fog and balance issues

while having shingles ive fallen on my face and hurt my nose, sprang my ankle and hit my head hard twice in the shower im not normally like this i would not be surprised if a negative reaction to the vaccine might cause similar symptoms i hope things get better for you

• Edited

I had the first jab a week ago and am already suffering repeats of many of the side-effects. I asked to have the vaccination early (before the normal age call-up) because I am immune suppressed, am Selective IgA deficient and on anti-TNF biological meds. Having already had ophthalmic shingles once this seemed like a good precautionary decision. Not so sure now. I'll probably decline the second jab.

• Posted

I had 2 doses of Shingrix in 2022. Ever since then I have had moderate to severe scaling, flaking, scabbing, and bleeding on the back of my scalp and the skin around my eyes and mouth. My scalp finally cleared up after about six months, but the eye and mouth areas are very, very bad. I never had any problem with my skin like this until I had the Shingrix vaccine. I have been trying to find out if these symptoms have been reported, but all I can find is people talking about the flu-like tired feeling and painful injection site etc. I am very frustrated by this.

• Posted

im really sorry you are dealing with this vaccines are becoming scary imo

may i ask if you got the flu or covid vaccine dr always want to do it all together but even the ceo of phizer said he spaces them out anyway im wondering if having had an mrna vaccine might interfere with the shingles vaccine its new biomedical technology so they really dont understand interactions

give emuaid max cream a try for relief its great stuff ive also found comfort in wise men healing balm both calm the nerves and sooth the rash

• Posted

for anyone seeking relief through homeopathic products i recommend the following through my trial and error with having shingles Im 47 ive never had the vaccine i took an antiviral on the 3rd day of my rash so i think i have a mild case but even a mild case is hell i switch between ibuprofen and Tylenol daily. i think i have probably 2-3 more weeks of this if im lucky and avoid the after pain my worst rash is under my left breast so my rib cage aches in a way ive never felt at first i thought i punctured a lung or broke a rib before i discovered a rash

anyway I've been surprised at how homeopathic and natural products bring soothing relief not sure if its only helping the rash but they seem to calm the nerves around the rash too pain med can only relieve so much

anyway here it goes

walgreens soothing nerve spray is fantastic and last a long time for as much as i use it

EMUAID MAX is AMAZING truly healing relief its expensive but worth trying maybe try a small size before investing the emu oil is what makes the magic so im trying to find that cheaper

Wise Men Healing balm is great too soothing and smells nice

i also use a 5% lidocaine hemorrhoidal cream after things have dried i use a thick amount on my rash and i spray on lidocaine

this has given me periods of relief its a constant 4 hour routine its a pain in the ass but the Emuaid max literally made me cry in gratitude with how much it helped

good luck and thank you to folks who shared about bad experiences with the vaccine im SO SORRY youve suffered like that people keep telling me to take it after this goes away but my gut says no maybe at 65 or 70 but not now its not worth the risk

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.